We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary for 5 nights end of April

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
itinerary for 5 nights end of April

I want to focus on scenery, beaches, nature, coves, hiking. A trip for my husband and me. We will have a car. Can you recommend an ititneray in terms of locations to stay? Several locations or one? Avoid Palma since i want to focus on more remote, nature loving places?

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

For a first visit you can't beat Port de Soller. Great hiking in spectacular scenery from the port. A nice beach if it's warm enough to sit on it. A tram ride to the inland village of Soller and more hiking and a lovely working town. From here a spectacular train ride through orange groves to Palma the capital. You will have more than enough to do in 5 days by basing yourselves here. 5 days to go and I will be there for 10 days. :)

Edited: 08 April 2014, 23:05
Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

Valledemossa.

I'll let you do your own googling and not spoil it for you :)

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

If you walk from Soller town to Fornalutx, via Biniaraix and back through Binibassi, you will see some of the best scenery on the island (and anywhere else for that matter) and two of the prettiest towns. Lunch in Fornalutx, at either Es Turo or Ca N'Antuna, both of which have terraces with views to die for, is highly recommended.

Two journeys from Soller, both with outstanding scenery, are to Deia and/or Valldemossa, and to Pollenca. There are several buses a day to Deia/Valldemossa but only one to Pollenca (and none on Sundays).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

Hi,

Where do you suggest we stay for this itinerary? We are arriving at 10 p.m. by plane to Palma. How far is the drive to Soller from Palma to stay in Soller starting that first night. I imagine the roads are winding and difficult to traverse late at night? Also i assume if we drove in the dark we would be missing the nice scenery that i think is on the road to Soller from Palma. Please advise.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

Hi - I would head straight for Soller. You can take the route the express bus goes (not the scenic route), through the tunnel. It will take you about 35 minutes on good, straight roads. Then you would wake up in beautiful scenery in Soller!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

Or if you are too tired to attempt the late drive in the dark then stay overnight in C'an Pastilla which is very close to the airport.Hotel Leo is fine for one night. I do not overlook the difficulty (after a long flight arriving in the dark and collection of a hire car) of negotiating the motorway ring road around the North of Palma to get on to the Soller road.

As you exit the airport campus head initially west in the direction of Palma on the motorway.Then follow the direction signs for Andraitx until you hit the exit for Soller. I could do it late at night because I am accustomed to the procedures and the road network around the airport and Palma.But quite honestly for the first time I would prefer to do it in daylight.

7. Re: itinerary for 5 nights end of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 06:16