We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

I am thinking of going to Majorca at end of May with my husband, we are looking for a resort with a bit of life which has a variety of really good restaurants, as we love our food, and some nice bars to go for a few bevvies also maybe with some music too but not too tacky. Any suggestions please.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

Hmm... "Good restaurants" and "some nice bars". Virtually anywhere generally fits that description.

One man's fruit is another's candy. There is a lovely restaurant near Manacor called "Es Cruce" which, for about €10 per person, you will get a lovely meal including wine and leave completely full. Some people would call this a "good restaurant", whilst others would classify it as "average" or "common".

But I think you are in general looking for a beach resort that's not a rowdy party zone. More sophisticated, good choices "all 'round". So, I'd say the usual suspects; Soller, Pollenca, Alcudia, Cala Bona/Cala Millor, Cala d'Or...

But if you not be directly on the beach nor amongst other Brits, your choices in that category increase exponentially...

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

I stayed in Cala Bona for a week in early April. Visited various places by local bus, hire car & organised excursions. Have a look at my trip report & photos, may give you some ideas:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580286-i10462-k…

ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

Thanks for replying. I definitely have to be able to see the sea from my hotel room, but I wouldn't mind hiring a car while I'm there and having a tour around the more untouristy places to see what the real Mallorca is really like. I suppose as far as restaurants is concerned I am talking about really nice, fine dining style.

ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

Very good trip report, I definitely got a good feel for your holiday, Thanks for the feedback

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

Glad the report was helpful. Let us know what you decide.

6. Re: Where is the best resort to go in mallorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:17