We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcudia or Cala D'or??

SCOTLAND UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alcudia or Cala D'or??

We are two friends heading to Majorca in September to enjoy the sunshine, the beaches and culture.. .and of course a bit of partying, but Magaluf is not the kind of holiday we want.

We have narrowed our choice down to either Alcudia or Cala D'or. Not sure which resort would be best for us?? We are both female in our mid 20's! Any suggestions would be great.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

Cala D'Or by a mile

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

I second Cala D'or :)

SCOTLAND UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

hi, thank you both for your replies. . Although clubbing/bars are not our main priority, we have read that Cala D'or nightlife is quieter. . is this the case? Our hols are planned for the 1st week in September.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

In comparison to Alcudia it is quiet , however I think you will be kept entertained in Cala D'or . There's lots of bars throughout the resort , my particular faves are Eden Paradise ( open air bar with live entertainment mainly tribute acts followed by karaoke ) , Hollywood bar ( karaoke bar ) and Tropical Gardens ( again an open air bar with shows on each evening ) . There is also Farrah's nightclub which is a fantastic night , watch out for PR girls on the beach for free entrance tickets . Also around a dozen lively bars around the square area which you would probably enjoy. The first week in September things will still be in full swing in resort :) . I do like Alcudia but personally I feel it's too spread out plus I much prefer the beaches at Cala D'or .

wirral
Level Contributor
5 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

hi im a very young 50 year old and stayed in cala egos next resort to calador last october we went into calador most evenings for meals . Calador is a little run down now from when i first went 25 years ago,,there looks tobe plenty of bars/restaurants /nightlife but id expect not as mad as alcudia..would be very safe for a couple of girls i reckon...have you tried any of the greek islands highly recommend koz or kefalonia too...happy holidays

Edited: 06 May 2014, 22:27
SCOTLAND UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

hi, sounds good, think we'll go with Cala D'or! Glad to hear it seems to be a safe area for us too, as we like to wander down the harbour/beaches in the evenings and for dinner/drinks.

We have looked at the Greek Islands but as we are going to Cyprus at the end of the year, we feel they may be a bit similar so have gone with Majorca this time.

Thank you all for your responses, they've been a great help. Will hopefully get our hols booked in the next few days! :)

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

Great choice of bars and restaurants in Cala D`or and I would feel safer walking from one end of of it to the other than in many UK towns.

8. Re: Alcudia or Cala D'or??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16