We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiper sat nav?

2 posts
Save Topic
Hiper sat nav?

Just wondered if anyone knew if Hiper hire out sat nav units and if so how much hey are? Can't see it on their website! Thank you :)

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiper sat nav?

I know they used to but I can't see it on their website now. Satnav can cost from about £5 to up to £15 per day depending on the company. I always take my own which I have had for years, I updated the maps this year so will be good for another 10 years. I see you can pick up Tom-Tom Europe Sat-Navs on Ebay from about £35-£40

Edited: 01 June 2014, 10:22
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiper sat nav?

I always take my Firestone map of Mallorca with me (old fashioned, I know), and find no need for satnav as signposting is reasonable there. The maps that the hire companies hand out are useless.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiper sat nav?

My sat nav has typically packed in the day before we fly over, might have to be an old fashioned map like you KWUK!

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiper sat nav?

Most smartphones have GPS navis built-in. On android phones you can download the maps from google before you leave, so you need not use expensive roaming data while using it as a navi.. I find the navi to be brilliant on my Android phone. Use it all over the world, in fact..

5. Re: Hiper sat nav?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:15