We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resorts

Doncaster, England...
12 posts
Save Topic
Best Resorts

Hi,

I'm looking to go to Majorca in a weeks time (very last minute). I have 2 young children under 4 and would like some advice on the best resorts/hotels. We would like something with a little character and a really nice sand beach/cove as my daughter is obsessed with the beach. I found some nice hotels in Sa Coma but the resort does not appeal to me. If possible we'd like a quieter more upmarket resort. Please help!!!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Resorts

Have a look at Cala D'or

Doncaster, England...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Resorts

Great I'll check that out can you recommend any hotels there?

Calo Bona???

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Resorts

Cala D'or is good . Yes Cala Bona is also good , but not great for the beach , though Cala Millor is not far away (. I'm going very soon .) Sa Coma is fairly quiet with a great beach . Puerto Pollensa would also fit the bill . Guess it depends on which hotels come up and how good the bargain is .

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Resorts

It depends what board you are going . We always use the Cala D'or playa apartments which are sc, bb and half board .

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Resorts

Playa de Muro / Can Picafort is arguably more upmarket (certainly newer) has the perfect beach for young ones, and is indeed quieter.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 08:34
Doncaster, England...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Resorts

Puerto pollensa looks really lovely right up our street. The best hotel I can seem to find is the Pollentia Club resort. In sa coma I like the look of protur sa coma playa.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Resorts

Kerri

While the Pollentia Club resort is a nice hotel and has enough on site to keep you entertained it is a bit isolated being between Puerto Pollenca and the Old Town of Alcudia. The beach is not that great at that end of the bay but it is not too far to the much better beach in Puerto Pollenca and there is a great bus service with a stop right outside the hotel.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 11:55
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Resorts

As Hayzer says , I don't think Pollentia club would suit you . Not really in Puerto Pollensa and coastline opposite is not a nice sandy beach . Not been to Hotel Villa Concha but it is normally available and is in a good position .

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,732 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Resorts

I agree, i would not choose Pollentia Club Resort as it is very very isolated and well outside Puerto Pollensa boundary (it's actually nearer to Alcudia than PP) and less than ideal beach that far out..

Decent places, well located in PP are Villa Concha, Puerto Azul, Flora and Playa Mar. This map may help -

puertopollensa.com/maps/…portdepollenca.pdf

Edited: 31 August 2014, 15:26
lincoln
Level Contributor
760 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Resorts

Protur are an excellent hotel group if you do end up in Sa Coma/millor/Bona (all 3 resorts join on together) all of their hotels get good reviews. Agree with the others about Pollentia Club, poor beach and not the best location. Try Playa de Muro -for the beach , Cala D'or for the resort (with selected accommodation) or any of the Proturs that cater for children. You are going to be limited as a last minute booker.