We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay (region wise) in mallorca?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay (region wise) in mallorca?

a friend and i are going to mallorca mid-march. we are two girls in our mid20s looking for a nice beach and a good location (bars/markets/etc). any advice on what region of mallorca to look into?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay (region wise) in mallorca?

Hi Alissa

March is still quite early in the season so the weather could still be quite cool and everywhere a little more quiet than the height of the summer.

For this reason I'd look around Palma Nova, Portal Nous or Magaluf, there should be places open here without it being full on.

Lanska

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay (region wise) in mallorca?

Hi there - I agree you are probably better staying in one of the bigger resorts at that time of year, although it'll probably be full of friendly wrinklies (of whom I am a trainee one!!). But, I would urge you to at least visit the area in the north east of the island, particularly Puerto Pollensa/Alcudia. It will give you an idea of the spectacular beaches in the area (look up Puerto Pollensa on the web and you'll see what I mean) It's probably a bit too quiet for you two (I was young once!) but the markets are excellent in Alcudia and especially Pollensa Old Town (Sunday - great local feel) I'm sure there will be coach trips and you can get train/bus to the area if you aren't hiring a car. I shouldn't be telling you this really as it's a not so well kept secret! I have never heard ANYONE say they didn't like the area once they had been there. Have a good time anyway and good luck with the weather, but take something warm and waterproof just in case!

london
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay (region wise) in mallorca?

Looking to go to Majorca next week, (18th Sep) for one week. Its 2 single lads mid 20's just looking to chill out, go to nice restaurants, nice food, nice beaches, class, but also want a good night life, bars, clubs, girls etc. In have been advised Palma is the place to go, few questions:

Where abouts in Palma?

Whats the weather like as its near the end of September?

Is going to be dead at this time?

Also any recommendations for 4 to 5 star hotels, right location, spa, gym etc..

Need some Mojorca advice.

4. Re: where to stay (region wise) in mallorca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca