We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma hotel suggestions

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HDH
Saundersfoot...
Level Contributor
511 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Palma hotel suggestions

we're lucky enough to be staying in Palma for 3 nights in early May and then onto Andratx to stay with friends. We'd like a hotel that's got a good pool area or near beach ( for chilling ) , nice view and fairly central-ish to go out . We 'd liek a nice standard . I've looked at Meliá Palas Atenea and hotel bon sol .?? any other suggestions very gratefully received .

Thanks in advance

Helen

Palma de Mallorca
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

This my fourth attempt to advise you, but here we go, I keep loosing this site when I navigate from it to find the addresses for you. Try these.

http://www.portixol.com

I ,am now on the verge of giving up. But, here are my other suggestions without site locations

Maricel Hotel Palma has a fab pool but no beach.

Poro hotel is also worth a look.

Sorry, I could not give the web-addresses for the other hotels, it has become a tad frustrating.

Have a great chill-out in Palma.

I know you will have a great time here, it is a wonderful city!

scotland
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

Bon sol in illetas is prob ure best bet ........... enjoy :-)

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

If you are willing to stay a bit outside Palma the Bonanza Playa in Illetas is a good choice.Public transport is available into Palma 930-40 minutes) from in front of the hotel at regular intervals. Large pool,beach.A somewhat cheaper alternative just down the road is the Albatros. Illetas is a pleasant, mainly residential area.

Italy
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

Palas Atenea is a good middle of the road hotel and in a great location right on the ps. maritimo.

Great views of the harbour and only a short walk to the centre of the city.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

I've stayed at the Catalonia Majorica on several occasions and if you're looking for a good view then you really can't beat it. Get a sea view room and you can spend all day at the pool watching the amazing yachts and cruise ships sailing in and out. The cathedral is away off in the distance. The only downside is the walk into town - around 25 mins - but a taxi home at the end of the night is reasonable and I loved the fact that you're just a wee bit out of the mayhem. You can walk all the way along the front and have a good old nosy at the yachts!

The reviews are a bit mixed so make sure you read them and make up your own mind. Enjoy!

ballymena.ni
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

I would suggest the portixol too- v v nice

x

cheshire
Level Contributor
151 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

We are due to go to Palma soon, did you find a good hotel in a good location ? (Illetes is too far out for us, want city centre or by harbour) any help appreciated

8. Re: Palma hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:17