We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

I've located a few hotels in my price range. Can anyone advise me about them? Illetas: Hotel Illetas and Roc Illetas Playa. Palmanova: Tobabo and TRH Torrrennova. I want to be on or very near a nice beach where the water is warm enough to swim in. Of course, I'd like the hotel to be quiet, clean, and near restaurants. Other ideas and/or lodging are welcome. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mentioned in this post
Roc Illetas
Roc Illetas
711 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Palmanova
Palmanova
Majorca, Spain
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

the beaches imo are far better in palma nova the hotel tobago is nice and close to beach and the trh torrenove is nice but a hill walk from beach and noisy on a night dont know of the 2 in illetas

hope this helps below is a map link you will see the hotels in palma nova on them

http://www.magallufscene.com/map.html

the trh torrenova on the map is the 1 barcelo torrenova its still on map with old name

hope this helps neil

Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

Thanks, Neil. That sure does help. Thanks for mentioning that TRH Torrennova is a hilly climb to the beach. I don't want that. Is Palmanova very far from downtown Palma? What's the transportation like to get there?

Mentioned in this post
Palmanova
Palmanova
Majorca, Spain
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
352 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

Neil - I just looked at the link you sent. It's wonderful. I love to be able to see exactly where things are. It's a big help to me. Thanks for sending it.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,350 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

Palma Nova is about 10 minutes drive from central Palma. There is a bus service that runs pretty regularly, or to get a taxi it is relatively cheap. Not sure exact rates now, but if I recall, it was about €15-€20 a couple of years ago.

Also, if the TRH Torrenova is where I think it is, right on the headland between Palma Nova & Magaluf it is in a pretty good, quiet location - yet only a short stroll to the hustle and bustle of the Magaluf nightlife.

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
352 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

hi hilary to get palma its about 15/20 mins by car or taxi but parking is a nitemare .their is a great reliable and cheap public bus service that runs very often into palma .the trh torrenova is a 5 min walk to palma nova beach down hill and a 5/10 min walk to magaluf beach down a big hill .the trh is in a quiet location but is noisy with groups of young ppl .taxis are plentifull and relatively cheap so getting around wont be a problem

hope this helps

neil

if you need anymore info feel free to ask me or pm me

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

We've stayed at the Roc Illetas Playa, which was OK, and we hope to go there again. The view across the bay of Palma from our room was superb, though I don't think all rooms have it.

Illetas is very quiet,and only has a small beach, reached from a back gate of the hotel. The hotel has a nice pool and sunbathing area, and you can climb over rocks into the sea.

If you want a wide choice of places to eat you would be better off in Palma Nova and the beach is far better there. However, Illetas is on the Palma city bus network, so it is quicker and cheaper to get into Palma, and the buses are more frequent and more reliable than at PN, and run later at night.

Mentioned in this post
Roc Illetas
Roc Illetas
711 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
352 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

Frankfrog - many thanks for your comments. I'm leaning heavily towards Palma Nova. Can you recommend a nice hotel there?

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
352 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

Hi son matias. beach is a nice hotel,set directley the beach at palma nova

9. Re: Need help: Illetas or Palmanova for a nice beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 03:16