We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma city or Playa de Palma

Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Palma city or Playa de Palma

Hello,

In August I'm coming to Mallorca for a Spanish course (well, my main purpose is to spend a couple of week on the seaside) and I'm undecided regarding which school to book: one it's located in Palma and the other one on the Playa de Palma.

I suppose that the accomodation will be an apartment in Palma in the first case and an apartment in the playa de Palma in the second case.

Regarding the nightlife, bars and restaurant, which is the best choice? How is the buses connection between these 2 places? How it takes to go to a good beach from Palma?

thank you in advance for your advices

Marco

Palma de Mallorca
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma city or Playa de Palma

Hola Marco,

Palma is best for clubs, bars and restaurants.

There are regular bus services to Playa de Palma, and to the nearest good beaches which are Cuidad Jardin, Can Pastilla and Portixol. All close to Palma from 15-20 mins by bus. Number 15 goes to all three beaches.

You don't mention where in Playa de Palma the school is located. There are some places you would not want to be living in.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma city or Playa de Palma

thanks

the school in playa de palma is located in c./ garsa 3, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

while the school in Palma is located in the plaza de cort.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma city or Playa de Palma

Hi Marco,

You'll hear more Spanish spoken if you stay in Palma - the nightlife is also really good in the capital, and will give you more of a taste of the island, the people and the language.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma city or Playa de Palma

our the beaches mentioned as good as palma nova, i will be in palma in 4 weeks, and was going to take the bus to palma nova beach

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma city or Playa de Palma

Hi,

Playa de Palma is very nice beach, I´ve stayed there for 4 times already and this year I went to visit Palma Nova so I can compare. You go there by local bus No 15, 30 or 25 and 23 if going further to El Arenal area. These buses run very frequently and the fare is cheaper than to Palma Nova.Apart from paying to the driver you can also buy in tobacconist´s or some stationery shops a card for 10 rides which cost just 8 e (sometimes 9 e).

6. Re: Palma city or Playa de Palma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 06:17