We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Palma

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weekend in Palma

I'm spending this weekend in Palma - 27-30th November for my birthday and would like advice on where to have a birthday meal. Are there any must go restaurants in Palma that are any restaurants other than the michelan rated one that are the 'in' places at the moment. this is my first time to Palma so the must do things to do in a weekend would be helpful too.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in Palma

Please read the thread below for my view, regarding the restaurant, there are so many good ones in Palma, it really is down to your preferences, for example whether you want fish, steaks, ambience,a great view, typical Mallorcan etc, check out a selection of good ones at Mallorca 121 restaurant site, those words in Google will find it for you.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend in Palma

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187463-i183-k3224…

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend in Palma

And here's the restaurants.

www.mallorca-restaurants-121.com/azList.aspx…

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weekend in Palma

Most of the "talked about" restaurants are are either in the Portixol area, such as bar.co (fusion cooking, god forbid), Sa Roqueta, Rociamar and Club Maritimo, or around Santa Catarina (c/Fabrica and the restaurant Fabrica, no longer on that street) or around the Baluard Modern art museum near there - S Autors probably better than Baluard but both are good.

ABC mallorca has some good reviews of the "new trends"

www.abc-mallorca.com/mallorca-restaurants

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weekend in Palma

My wife and I had an outstanding meal at this Portixol restaurant in June.

For service and quality possibly the best we've had on the island, and we've had quite a few!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weekend in Palma

Abaco bar is worth a visit

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weekend in Palma

I agree, but make sure it's not your round, at 15 euros per cocktail, it can be expensive!!

The bar is so surreal you really just have to go though.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weekend in Palma

We aere in Abaco in August, two small beers and a coke was 25 euros, it got to be done though, its a bit weird inside

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weekend in Palma

Agreed, last time we was in I was with my wife accompanied by my son and his wife, we had two rounds of cocktails, the bill was 120 euros.........nothing short of theft in my opinion.

My son said "Shall we tip him" regarding the waiter, I said "At them prices, the bloody owner can tip him"!!

Edited: 29 November 2009, 00:39
Palma de Mallorca
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weekend in Palma

Restaurante Son Gual

www.mallorca-restaurants.com

Ask for one Cueva there !

Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca