We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soller Train

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Soller Train

Hello

A friend of mine is holidaying in Palma for a week at the end of April. I have suggested he takes the train from Palma to Soller.

I did this a couple of years ago and would be grateful if somebody could tell me the times of the trains, say from 10am onwards. How long does the train take to get to Soller too please? To avoid any confusion is there only one train station in Palma?

I think there is more flexibility in times if you get the bus back from Soller to Palma.

Does anybody know what the bus number is and how frequently it runs from 3pm onwards in the afternoon.

Thank you.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soller Train

The train runs from the station at the Plaza Espana, the Soller train is on the extreme left as you look at the station from the square.

www.trendesoller.com/es/cms.php/horarios

www.caib.es/sacmicrofront/contenido.do…

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Soller Train

There are two stations - you want the above ground one called Ferrocarril de Soller. Times are 8am, 10.10am, 10.50am, 12.15pm, 1.30pm, 3.10pm and 7.30pm to Soller.

The bus from the port is the L211 express por tunel. Times from 3pm are 3.30pm, 4pm, 5.30pm, 6pm, 6.30pm, 8.30pm and 9.15pm. Because the tunnel is being repaired the 9.15pm bus won't be running in April. Times from Soller are 5 minutes later. This is for Monday to Friday.

Saturday is 3.45pm, 5pm, 5.30pm, 6pm, 7.15pm.

Sunday is 4pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm.

There is also a bus L210 that goes via Llucalcari, Deia and Valldemossa which takes much longer but is very scenic.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Soller Train

Forgot to mention the train takes approximately 1 hour.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soller Train

Thank you for your advice.

As my friend will probably get the shuttle bus back to Palma from Soller (the port area) it was the number of train stations in Palma I was more concerned about. Is there just the one train station in Palma please?

Also could somebody remind me again where the shuttle bus leaves from in the Soller Port area to go back to Palma? Is there a little map available which shows where this bus stop is please?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soller Train

Actually, there are 2 train stations, both in Plaza Espana., and close to each other. The main one, used mostly by local residents, is underground, you go down a large escalator or lift to the trains and to the buses too.

The Soller train is a private company and has its own little station, and it is to the left of the big entrance to the main train and bus station. If in doubt, there's a tourist information office in the Plaza a few yards away, they speak English and will point you there. As you look at the entrance to the train-bus station, going underground, its to the left! It has a large wrought iron black sign outside, or had a couple of years ago.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Soller Train

To download a map of the port go to www.sollernet.com, then go to download map of Soller, click on detailed map of the port. The map is slightly out of date but it will do.

Look for Antoni Montis marked in blue in between carrer de l'eglesia and lepanto. Walk up this road - it is wide and has a large concreted walkway up the middle, until you get to the roundabout. There is a temporary bus stop located here on the roundabout on the right. You will see the timetable stuck on metal gates here. I am sure the bus stop will still be there as it has only just been moved to this spot as they haven't yet decided what to do.

The express bus will say Palma por tunel on the front.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soller Train

I did the train to Soller and on to Port Soller last week. Re the previous poster about the temporary bus stop, it is very easily missed. being nowhere near the centre of Port Soller, but on the roundabout as you enter the town. No bus stop sign, just a timetable stapled to a gate, look for a group of bemused day trippers and you've found it!

8. Re: Soller Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2010, 05:16