We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute plans to Mallorca in June/July ... feasable?

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
70 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute plans to Mallorca in June/July ... feasable?

Our schedules are a little hectic lately (and the volcano/air flight issues are not helping!) and we were wondering how feasible it is to plan a spontaneous trip to Mallorca with just a couple of days notice in June or July? Is that generally impossible? We would probably be coming from Valencia and would like to stay in any of the following areas: Port Andratx, Cala Millor, Cala Santanyi or Cala Pi area. However, we are flexible... any thoughts?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute plans to Mallorca in June/July ... feasable?

With no probs at all subject to flights operating normally.As long as you can use a PC you can easily arrange flights,car hire and accommodation online 48 hours ahead;booking.com are OK for immediate hotel bookings.Of the places you listed the only one you are unlikely to have difficulty in finding something is Cala Millor which is not as quaint (or beautiful) as the others.Also consider Soller and Puerto Pollensa which have a choice of accommodations.

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
70 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute plans to Mallorca in June/July ... feasable?

WirralScouse,

Thanks for your input! We are really looking for something a little more out of the way and quaint but with great beach coves. This gives me hope that we can find something last minute.

I will keep you posted on what happens!

G

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute plans to Mallorca in June/July ... feasable?

Then have a look at Cala Mondrago and Cala Figuera although there is a limited choice of accommodation as in Cala Pi,Puerto de Andraitx.In the light of all you say then perhaps you should be looking at Cala d'Or although it is not a favourite of mine because my wishlist differs from yours.

4. Re: Last minute plans to Mallorca in June/July ... feasable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca