We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dudley, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Palma Majorca Cruise Port

What are the nearest hotels to the cruise port in Palma Majorca?

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas on 5th June 2011 and want to spend the previous night in a convenient hotel.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Hotel Costa Azul is convenient although it's not actually the nearest to the cruise terminal.It is a highly regarded 3* on the Paseo Maritimo which leads directly to the terminal by bus or taxi..

Dudley, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Thanks,

booking now

Soilhull
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Hi Susan

I am going on the same cruise on the 19th June, how was your cruise ?????

David

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

We are going on same cruise on the 26th june. David please let me know how you get on too lol ........ this is our first cruise !!!!

Soilhull
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Hi Juliet

This is our 7th Cruise, I can assure you that you will thoroughly enjoy the expererience, won't be able to tell you how we get on as we will be getting off on the 26th !!!

Hope you enjoy the cruise, iam sure you will.....don't eat to much

David

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Hi,

I am considering booking this cruise for July 2011. How was your experience?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Just got back after 7 nights on the Grandeur of the Seas, a few points.

Firstly we stayed at the Mirador Hotel on the Paseo Maritimo the night before, which is next to the Costa Azul and the Tryp Bellver Hotel. Bad move, the noise from drunks was horrendous, go for a quieter one away from the centre, you have to get a taxi to the cruise port anyway as the ship departs from the furthest docking station, in hindsight I would have stayed at Playa Palma at the UR Azul Playa or one of the hotels away from the Paseo like the Jamie III.

http://youarehotels.com/azulplaya/

Secondly, if you are a couple who does not like being put amongst several other diners (remember you have the same dining seats all week), go immediately to the dining room and get yourself a table for two, we did and was happy with it.

You have two sea days on the trip, get up early and claim a couple of sunbeds, we noticed several people walking round and round looking for sunbeds, on sea days, everyone wants to be up on deck enjoying the sunshine.

Don't bother with the ships excursions, make your own plans, they are vastly overpriced, all the places you go to have excellent rail links and you can get the train there. For example Rome was 9 euros return, and then 14 euros on the ho-ho bus which visits all the major sites, the ships equivalent is 149 dollars each.

We did not take the alcohol packages, sure the drinks are expensive, but you need to be a big drinker to get close to spending that much,(and remember they insist that both people pay, even if one is teetotal) our drinks bill was just over 300 dollars, and we had wine with our food every night.

Overall the food and service was excellent, you get to see a lot of places in a short period of time, although you get the feeling that you are constantly hurrying up as the boat leaves port at around 6pm each night.

Edited: 29 June 2011, 22:56
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Oh and if you are considering booking, go for a junior suite with balcony, the difference a balcony makes cannot be overlooked, it made our trip so much better.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of booking a fly cruise package so should be no transfer problems & hoping I don't need to book an hotel but I will check on that point before I make the reservation. Is there a restriction as to when you can board the ship?

The holiday is for me & my husband and two 18 year old girls (our daughter & her friend) so we have to pay for 4 adults hence was not considering balcony prices. Have sourced a package that allows reservation of outside cabins on deck 4, do you think this will be ok? some trip advisor reviews say there is noise from the running track on deck 5, could this be the case &, if so, was it frequently used?

Finally, is the ship 18 year old friendly?!!

Thanks, Gaynor

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palma Majorca Cruise Port

We were on deck eight, now considering the track is on the top deck I can't see how you can hear anything on deck four, we heard nothing and we were a lot closer.

I think it is "18 year old friendly" in terms of things to do, and the fact they can't go to far and therefore are in a safe environment, the exception is when you are in ports of call and extra vigilance is needed by all.

Regarding boarding the ship, we arrived at the port at 1pm on the Sunday,(the ship sails at 5pm) and boarded straight away.

Remember they do not allow any alcohol to be taken on board, they want to ensure you pay their sky high prices for drinks.

Edited: 30 June 2011, 07:43