We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road to Valldemossa

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Road to Valldemossa

Hello,

I was thinking a taking a shore excursion on our cruise.

Is the ride to Valldemossa a ride on winding road with hairpin turns along cliffs? I am not good with this and wanted to check before I nook!

Are there many shops in the village or places to have lunch?

Thank you!

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Road to Valldemossa

Valldemossa is a lovely mountain village, with some very nice restaurants and shops. You'll like it.

The trip up and back is winding, but relatively benign.

Many people choose to continue their journey down to the mountains to the coast, through Deia and on to Port de Soller. The views are spectacular, and the roads aren't too bad. I've navigated much worse in California.

The drive to Cap de Formentor (the sharp peninsula extending into the mediterranean on the far north of the island) is much more consistent with what you describe as undesirable. Hairpin turns, steep cliffs. But the views are perhaps among the most spectacular on the island.

Edited: 09 June 2011, 15:30
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road to Valldemossa

Thank you!

So it isn't a frightening ride?

It would be with a tour from the ship and that would be as far as we are going!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road to Valldemossa

No, it's certainly ot a frightening ride, just a bit up and down and winding.

It's a lovely place to visit, the monastery is worth a look if you are into that sort of thing, and some lovely shops and places to have lunch. I get my all time favourite there, an almond flavour milk shake laced with rum.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road to Valldemossa

Sounds great- will book!

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road to Valldemossa

It's my no 1 recommendation for a shore excursion from a cruise that stops in Majorca. Lovely place to visit. Very scenic trip there and back, you will be fine.

6. Re: Road to Valldemossa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca