We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

Los Angeles
8 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

Is there one? looking for luxury and comfort but not with 500 rooms

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

Hotel Portixol's beach location is as near to Palma as you will get with that sort of quality and comfort.It gets booked up very early so book well ahead.

No beaches in Palma City.

Edited: 15 July 2011, 12:48
Los Angeles
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

thank you so much. the only one we've found is the Nixe palace. While it looks very nice, I wonder if it really captures the flavor of Palma and Majorca. what is your opinion? I will look up the Hotel Portixol right now. thanks much

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

I have no personal experience of Nixe Palace therefore cannot comment.

If it doesn't have to be Palma you can try Hotel Esplendido in Pt Soller although that too gets booked up way in advance.

The most traditional genuine Mallorquin hotels with a touch of luxury are inland and converted fincas but a hire car is essential and you may not be planning on driving on this compact island.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

Hi MariaandDaniel

My initial thoughts were the Portixol as well, I thought it would be the perfect hotel for you. As WirralScouse says there is no real beach at the Palma seafront so the Portixol is your best bet there. It is a modern style hotel so certainly doesn't fit the bill as far as the real Palma goes.

Unfortunately to get a flavour of the real Palma you will have to compromise on the beach setting. Have a look at these two

www.palaciocasagalesa.com/en/index.html

http://www.santaclarahotel.es/

They are both in the old quarter of Palma although they are a mix of traditional and contemporary they may give you a bit more of a feel of Palma .

If you want something a bit more traditional then this one is well worth considering

http://www.daltmurada.com/hotel.html

We have stayed there on two occasions and really enjoyed it.

Edited: 15 July 2011, 19:31
5. Re: Looking for a small hotel on the beach in Palma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca