We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive hotels Majorca

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All inclusive hotels Majorca

Hi we are looking for an all inclusive hotel in Majorca, we would like a 4 star hotel where there is a choice for evening meals (i.e. a buffet and an a la carte restaurant). We don't want to stay in Alcudia or Palma Nova. Have been to Puerto Pollensa before and liked that area. We would also like the hotel to be situated somewhere where there are bars and restaurants nearby so that we can go out. Can anyone make any recommendations? Thanks

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

Are you really sure AI is what you are looking for, as you mention going out to bars and restaurants? However, assuming that you do want AI or you wouldn't have answered the question, I don't think you will find one with an a la carte restaurant, I may be wrong but I've not heard of one.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

Jumeirah hotel 5 star, recently opened in soller with la carte resturant but i believe its very expensive.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

Certainly expensive, but surely no all-inclusive

england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

To be honest I would prefer to go to a really nice resort on a bed and breakfast basis rather than AI but we are on a budget so could do with going AI. Haven't been on a holiday to Europe for some years, been to the Caribbean or on cruises for the last few years so am concerned that if we don't go AI hat we will spend stupid amounts of money on eating out

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

Come on buddystar you know it's expensive you've posted twice today on that hotel,plus the other person wants to be near to other bars & restaurants & i don't think there are many near it.

Santa Ponsa, Spain
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

ALW2009....If you are on a budget All Inclusive is deffo not for you. All you do is pay upfront for mediocre (at best) food with no personal choice and rubbish drinks in paper cups.

Save some money in the booking process go Self catering of B/B and enjoy the many fantastic (and reasonably priced) restaurants and bars Mallorca has to offer, and eat what you want, when you want.

Its by far the best option and it helps support local business' in the resorts aswell

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

andy, your impression of all inclusive is an inaccurate generalisation. Although some AI is as you describe it, there are some very good AI packages to be had.

When people are on a budget, very often the things that add up are not the meals, but the soft drinks, coffees and ice cream during the day. Far better to have unlimited access to these, espescially when you have children, than having to limit what they have to drink.

AI does not suit everyone, and I would never advocate someone taking an AI holiday and never leaving the hotel just to get what you have paid for, but having the comfort of knowing you can fall back on the AI if you can't afford a meal and a few drinks out is vital for some.

I have just retruned from an AI holiday, I never had one drink in a plastic cup, and my meals were all first class, so you see, they are not all the same.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

its the only hotel i no that dose a la carte mac, and if they now on a budget then a la carte is asking a bit much,if they want budget AI then calas de mallorca is the place you get this.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

They didn't say they wanted a budget AI, in fact they asked for a 4 star.

Santa Ponsa, Spain
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive hotels Majorca

Annabelle - They said in a following post they were on a budget and that's why they were looking towards All Inclusive. Having worked for a major tour operator for a number of years, I can only think of 2 4* hotels that are All Inclusive that I would rate the food good enough on Mallorca and both of these are Adults only