We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma airport with Ryan air

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Torquay
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palma airport with Ryan air

Hi

Am looking to fly to Palma end of August with Ryan air. Have found a cheap flight going out but coming back first week of september is expensive. Looking at the prices for the July and August coming back it is a lot cheaper than September. I know prices change constantly but has anyone got any experience of booking an outbound flight now, and then waiting to see if the price drops? I understand that prices usually go up when the flights are cheap, but do flights come down when they are expensive? Thought it would be cheaper to fly back tues 4 sep than it would be a tues in July or August.

Any advice/comments much appreciated

Kind regards

Polly

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

Tues 4th is when kids go back to school, so can't see prices going down.

Torquay
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

hi

thanks for the reply. i gathered it was the schools going back on the wednesday where we are. the flight was 48.99 a few days ago now double. the flight going out has dropped though, so thought it might drop in a few weeks then go back up again a few weeks before.

regards

polly

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

I'm watching the October flights for half term, really pricey at the moment, but I'm hoping......

skelmersdale
Level Contributor
278 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

I have never seen the prices go dowm always up.That goes for Easyjet as well as Ryanair

Edited: 02 July 2012, 19:36
Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

Me also only ever go up, even on the day of the flight they don't budge.

They do have the occasional "sale"

Torquay
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

Well here's hoping! The flight out has gone down a bit so you never know.

Fingers crossed

Regards

Polly

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

My flights in August went down by £15 each, which is better than nothing, so I'll keep watching for October for a few more weeks

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

Hi

my experience is that the flights go up and down all the time, it is so hard to predict. We booked majorca with Ryanair last week - for mid august - I priced it up in the afternoon and when I sat down to book it later that day the flights for the day before had gone down! I was so pleased! Unfortunatly in the time it took me to check that the hotel would be available on this new date and go back and book it, they had gone up again!haha They were still good prices but I was a bit gutted I hadnt been quicker!lol

To be honest though I would be surprised if the dates right at the end of the summer hols come down as demand will be high then because the majority of people have to get back to the uk for schools starting back.

Hope you get sorted with something :-)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

If you're looking at splitting airlines then don't forget to try some of the less obvious 'budget' airlines like Monarch too - their prices can be quite competitive although returning to the UK during the first week of September is always an expensive one! It sounds strange but it's also sometimes worth giving the airline a call rather than booking online, especially if it's last minute, even though they claim that online booking is the cheapest option - I recently had to buy a one way ticket from Palma to Manchester for a relative and the website was quoting almost €400 (it was for a flight for later that day) but when I called their sales line they sold me the ticket over the phone for €105 - well worth the international call that cost me just under £3!!!

Torquay
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Palma airport with Ryan air

Well finally went ahead and booked. Got 5 flights out of Bournemouth for £110.

Then instead of doing a return trip, put in Palma to Bournemouth and it came up about 85 euros each. Instead of £117 each. So if anyone didn't know this way it could be a way to look at doing it.

Looking forward to another trip to Majorca now especially with this weather we are having!

Cheers for all the replys

Polly