We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Hi

I am going to Majorca in the last week of april with my wife and three year old. We were looking at doing the above. Possibly hoping to take a bus from the palmanova to alcudia and then then to airport. Is the public transport any good? As I tried the link auto caresmajorca and nothing happened.

Thanks for any help

Gary

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Both trips would be two bus journeys as there are no direct routes between either. Not sure what your asking about the other. Buses are reliable but I'm not sure is be keen on doing that as its quite a trek both ways with a littleun.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Thanks trinet, I will figure it out closer to the time. Is this In your opinion a good itinerary ? This year we did 4 days in Lisbon and three in albufeira. Though it was in February would get bored for seven days in the one spot, still got cracking weather and not many on the beaches.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

If I was going to do this I would do Alcudia first then Palma Nova as it would be nearer to the airport for your return flight..Just a thought..

Wendy

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Nothing wrong with either of these resorts but as trinet said they are a long way apart especially using public buses for a week overall.Opposite ends of the island really.No need to take on such treks just to have a change.Palma Nova (4 nights) and Pto Soller (3 nights) for a 2 centre holiday would be contrasting and easier.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Although Soller is nearer in miles, it's probably quicker to get to Alcudia than Soller from PN.

But either is not a journey i'd relish with suitcases and a nipper on public transport. Squashed up standing room only a lot of the time on the buses.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

Palma Nova with Santa Ponsa or Paguera would be my limit .

7. Re: 4 nights in Palmanova, 3 in Alcudia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:19