We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OKCar Hire Majorca ******Warning******

Preston, United...
1 post
Save Topic
OKCar Hire Majorca ******Warning******

Hi all.

Just returned from a holiday in Majorca and I feel compelled to warn people about this company.

We booked a Nissan Qashqai for 7 days from affordalecarhire.com. Upon arriving at Palma airport. there was no OK Car Hire representative waiting for us at the terminal as stated in our confirmation, instead we had to ask around about this company and got told we had to wait for a black van to come and pick us up. There were a few people waiting around, looking just as lost as us. We waited half an hour, at which point a van turned up. There was a huge rush of people trying to get in this "shuttle" and the only reason we got in it, was because we had an 8 month old baby with us.

We arrived at the OK Car Rental Depot. which is nowhere near the airport and had to wait in the tiny office for nearly two hours, whilst the two staff seemed to deal with unhappy customer after unhappy customer. We eventually got to the front of the queue, only to be told that there were no Nissan Qashqai's and we had been given a Pegeout 3008. We were also told that our insurance we had bought through affordablecarhire.com was invalid and we had to buy insurance through them, which we refused after speaking to our travel agent. My oartner (lead driver) was asked for a credit card, which he does not have. He offered a debit card and was told that we would have 950EUROS (?!?!) charged to this debit card as we didnt have a credit card. Instead i offered mine, along with my passport and we got charged £111.50 for a tank of petrol??!! My partner then went round the car four or five times, noting absolutely every scratch and dent on the car.

The holiday was fab, UNTIL we got back to the depot. When we got there, someone came to check the car and proceeded to tell us that a stone chip was damage to the car that we had done and said we were being charged 180euros!!!! My partner asked what for but the RUDE spanish employee kept saying "I think you are unintelligent... you dont understand" - my partner is a police officer and he most defintley understands!!!!!! We were told we wouldnt be let out of the compound until we had paid the money - which we reluctantly had to so we didnt miss our flight!! We have cancelled our credit card so no more unauthorised payments can be taken and i will be making sure i warn as many people as possible about these scam artists!! I have heard that the employees of this "company" are on comission per fault they find 0 which wouldnt suprise me!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! DO NOT RENT WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Malta
Level Contributor
341 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OKCar Hire Majorca ******Warning******

I've taken note and will definitely not use them. Thanks. Any other agencies not worth using please advise too.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OKCar Hire Majorca ******Warning******

This and other car hire ripoffs are a regular feature on this forum.

Unfortunately, as long as people chase the lowest prices outfits like OK Car Hire will continue to thrive and rip their customers off at the same time.

There are many very good honest car hire companies operating in Mallorca, Sixt, Avis, Terrys, Autos Roig just to mention a few. They are not the cheapest but they do offer the kind of service you would expect.

Regular and experienced travellers know that the cheapest hire cars are never the best as they rip off their customers with upfront fuel charges, insurance etc. etc.

Stick with the established operators or hire at your peril.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OKCar Hire Majorca ******Warning******

It's been very saddening reading this and many very similar postings throughout the year. OK must be creating a very negative feeling of Mallorca for many of their customers; but there seems nothing that can be done to stop OK Car Hire's scams and atrocious business processes.

What concerns me even more is that, whilst there have been lots of stories such as this on Tripadvisor, what's been posted on TA must only be the 'tip of an iceberg'. Thousands of customers in Mallorca have possibly been treated in this way

Definitely avoid OK.

Edited: 06 October 2012, 20:25
4. Re: OKCar Hire Majorca ******Warning******

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca