We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma in March

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Palma in March

We are thinking of spending either 4 or 7 nights in Palma in mid March. Would 7 nights be too long (I have no idea how big Palma is!) What sort of temperatures can we expect? We wondered about hiring a car to explore the island (hence possibly 7 nights)but will many places outside of Palma still be closed as it is early in the year?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma in March

If just Palma I'd say 4 nights is fine but the island has so much to offer even that early in the year, things will be gradually opening in some if not all resorts, there'll be loads of cyclists on the island as a lot of the big teams use the island as a training camp but this is likely to be more the Pollensa end although some do use Santa Ponsa/Peguera area as well. Hiring a car is a good idea and you'll easily use up a week out and about. Weather could well be into the low 20's and sunny but its still possible to be cloudy or raining, March can be changeable weather wise....

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma in March

7 nights without hiring a car would I think be too long in March.But at that time of year the roads are quiet and it is a great time for driving around on discovery of Majorca to suit yourselves.All Majorca is "open" year round so you can go see anywhere you read about or fancy from the recommendation of others.

I wouldn't hire the car for all of your holiday as it is not worth having the encumbrance of a car while you are exploring Palma.Out of Palma while the towns and resorts are open not many attractions are.However you will always find somewhere to eat and drink especially in the working towns like Soller,Andraitx,Arta.Manacor. And the scenery is there 365 days a year.

If you do go I recommend a drive into Fornalux to experience the orange blossom fragrance that pervades.It is a pretty village set int the Tramuntana Mountains and even in March you can eat and drink there. The drive from Andraitx up MA-10 via Soller to Pollensa is one memorable scenic drive and March is a good time to take it.

Just my thoughts and ramblings.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,457 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma in March

The North West Coast from Andratx up past Soller is a fantastic drive, which i've reviewed with pictures that unfortunately I can't link on here. Take a detour to Sa Colobra and see where Wirral Scouse practices his roller skating :-0

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sa+calobra+mallorca&hl=en&tbo=u&rlz=1C1NNVC_enGB492GB493&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eIESUdK-EoSp0AXHnICoBQ&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=677

Another good thing about hiring a car for 3 days or less is that you get around the full-empty fuel policy that doesn't apply on hires of 3 days or less.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma in March

Thanks everyone, some really helpful posts. The purpose of the trip is to celebrate an anniversary and the hotel we have in mind is Palacio Ca Sa Galesa, any thoughts on a good restaurant for a special meal?

5. Re: Palma in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca