We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terry's Car hire

coop16
Level Contributor
106 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Terry's Car hire

Hi everyone, I know this topic has been exhausted on the forum, but it still causes a lot of concern for travelers... and having just returned myself from Mallorca for the first time, I wanted to share my positive experience with a car hire company, and maybe provide some more piece of mind for others booking in Mallorca.

I took the recommendations of a few forum users and booked with Terry's Car hire; all booking procedures were done online and the car was ready to be picked up in the airport car park upon arrival. No cues, no wating at a desk, etc. The car was a spot less Ford focus, and even though it was no brand new, it was in excellent condition. There were no extra charges, and the return procedure was the same, fast and efficient. Although I never actually saw anyone in person, the email communication they provided before our trip was prompt.

The price was less than 1/2 of some of the big name and recommended agents, which worried me at first (you get what you pay for...), but by no means did the price reflect the quality of the car, service, etc.

This is by no means an advert or anything, I just wanted to let others know that I had a good experience with this company, as this seems to be a concerning topic on the forum.

I'm headed to Faro this week and it sounds like the rental car rip off scams are plentiful there as well, so hopefully my research has paid off again.....

95 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,725 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terry's Car hire

That's a really useful post. Terry's car pick-up and return process is IMO somewhat unusual (worrying is perhaps a better word), as you said "Although I never actually saw anyone in person". It's good to hear positive things about certain car hire companies. Thanks.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 11:54
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terry's Car hire

I asked Terry's for a quote for last week as I was going to try them but got back a very prompt message to apologise that all their cars were booked, wishing me a nice holiday and to consider them for the future. So whilst I cannot comment upon their cars, there was nothing wrong with their communication.

We used Sixt in the end. Probably more expensive than I wanted but after spending hours reading all the stuff here "played safe". No queues whatsoever at either end of process, quick, polite, told you about upgrade "offers" but not pushy when I made it clear I wasn't interested. Paid for "Ka", got Corsa which some might think good though I would have probably preferred smaller car given some of the mountain roads :).

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terry's Car hire

i have just booked with Terrys Car Hire for october 8th - it all seems too good to be true after our last depressing experience in Ibiza airport this may at 11.30pm "tough luck ring the company you booked it with or take our insurance etc etc "

i look forward to writing a good review for this car hire company (i hope!!!)

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terry's Car hire

Have used them and had no problems whatsoever.Good prices, car was fine. Seems an odd way of doing business but it seems to work.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terry's Car hire

I also use them regularly never had a problem.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terry's Car hire

I was going to try terrys next month but they want €300 for 15 days, I am paying €142 with record for the same time, so really I cannot justify the extra.

My other option was hiper who want €186 which was my 2nd choice, I used hiper a couple of weeks ago & they were excellent.

Edited: 26 September 2013, 07:50
Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terry's Car hire

Picked car up Thursday night 10 day hire €189 all in no Qs no paper work no offers of extras, service as if you are going back to your own car in a shopping mall, €7 to exit car park no problem.

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terry's Car hire

Just back from Mallorca - Terrys car hire was so simple, no queues, the car was perfectly clean and a ford focus as agreed by email. I couldn't recommend them highly enough - its a very simple solution to something which seems to cause alot of problems to others - you find your car in the multi storey, its there with your name on it and full of fuel, you use the car and return it empty - so no worries about finding fuel close to the airport etc. You park up and get on your flight home - simple and it works. It is a bit odd that you don't meet anyone - but I rang from UK before we set off to confirm things beforehand just to check which gave me peace of mind.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Terry's Car hire

Wirral post 8 is not me I promise, think it might be Terry though.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Terry's Car hire

Haha.

But poster must be really made up with Terrys cos that's his first contribution to TA for years.What I did pick up from his compliments was that it is full/empty fuel. Does Terry charge Pump Price+20% for what he puts in?

Reply to: Terry's Car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca