We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent trip to Palma with blog and photos

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
892 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Recent trip to Palma with blog and photos

Here are the photos of my recent trip to Palma de Mallorca with blog below"

http://www.danhausertrips.com/palma1.html

5/14/13- Very early wake up call. Got up at 3am (after only 4 hours sleep), got packed and met the Airport bus at the train station. We got to the airport around 4:30am with plenty of time to check in for our 6am flight. We also said our goodbyes to Caroline who was on her way back to the States. Her flight was leaving at 7am.

The plane ride was uneventful. Good food and smooth flight equals happy Jay-Free. We get our luggage and go straight to the information desk asking which bus to take. We point to the map and tell her where we want to go and she states Bus #1. So we go outside, get on and now are completely lost. None of the bus stations have names to them and it was impossible to tell which stop we were supposed to get off at. The bus driver told us which one but it was still far from our hotel. Apparently that was the closest the bus was going to get. We then try to jump on another bus but have no clue what station we were at or where to get off. I was able to read the street signs to know exactly where we were so we just took our luggage and walked to the hotel. Luckily the streets were smooth enough to roll on to make the mile long journey better. We check in to our hotel and are immediately not impressed with the room. It is very small, but it does have a bathroom. There is also a strong Lysol smell which we found out later is because the regular smell was not good coming from the bathroom. Any case, we’ve been in worse so no problems here.

After a brief rest we go out for food and found an awesome restaurant just around the corner. Great food, nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I did learn from my last trip to Spain to not order any drinks until I know the price. Spain is famous for handing out cheap food but overcharging for drinks (which are not listed on the menu). I mean does a bottle of coke really go for $6.00… REALLY!

With lunch over we strolled around getting a closer look at the town’s main draw- the cathedral. This is a huge church and once inside you can see how much work really went into this. Stained glass everywhere, high ceilings… definitely a top pick to see at least once. With that down we walked the streets some more and couldn’t help be reminded of Venice and Paris is some parts. There is a certain charm about this place that makes it enticing. Not wanting to run out of steam we rested at the hotel for a few hours before going back out one last time for tapas. We ate at this other restaurant which didn’t seem to be as good as the previous one but was cheaper. We grabbed a few souvenirs for family and then back to the hotel for the night. One of the highlights was the view of the cathedral from our rooftop all lit up. An awesome site to see! Despite the small size of the hotel this view made up for everything.

--

5/15/13- Slept through the night even though the bed felt like a stone slab. Woke up to the maids banging around in the other rooms on our floor around 9:30am. Around 11am we went to our favorite restaurant around the corner, Café Talet. We order some sandwiches which were very good and a crepe that wasn’t so good. After lunch we got our free towels from the hotel and hit the beach. The walk down there was so enjoyable that we just took our time. Once there we found a place to park, laid our towels down and enjoyed the nice decent weather (not too hot or too cold). What a vacation away from our trip! After a few hours of lounging we walked towards the marina area to see the boats and then back to our hotel again to change clothes (as the weather was starting to get cooler).

Hitting the streets again we walked around areas of town that we missed yesterday, got some ice cream cones and ended up at the museum near the cathedral. I tried to use my student ID card for the discount but the manager there stated only EU residents allowed. Since the regular price of the ticket was 9 Euros per person we decided to leave it be and call it a day for walking. Besides our feet were getting sore from our sandals.

Around 7:30pm we went out one last time for dinner at our restaurant again. This time we ordered a very good pasta meal and then a combination of 5 different tapas ranging from steak and chicken to shrimp. Very good meal! Still hungry I was about to ask for the dessert menu when our waiter apparently decided to talk his 10 minute break at the table next to us. This struck us as odd first of all but when a buddy of his joined him and they both started lighting up to smoke I had to mention something to them. He nodded his head and moved to a different table (which still ended up right behind me). Funny that there were several other places he could have gone. We decided to just pay the bill with cash (didn’t even wait for him to ring up a credit card) and went someplace else for dessert.

We walked around a bit before finding a very nice restaurant right next to our hotel. We ordered a cappuccino and a brownie with ice cream to finish off the night. Right before going to bed it actually started raining followed by loud thunder. A sound we have not heard in quite some time (as it never thunders in LA).

--

5/16/13- Our flight to Seville doesn’t leave until 2:55pm so we began the morning going to our favorite restaurant once again for their pizza. We then strolled around the souvenir shops one last time and found a shot glass that says Mallorca on it. Normally I don’t care for shot glass souvenirs but this is for the seashells we picked up from the beach yesterday. Thought it would be cool. Took a taxi to the airport, checked in with no problems and boarded our flight on time.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 08:28
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
892 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent trip to Palma with blog and photos

Thanks all for looking

south east
Level Contributor
923 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent trip to Palma with blog and photos

Thanks for posting. Lovely photos! :)

3. Re: Recent trip to Palma with blog and photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 18:05
Edited: 05 June 2014, 18:05
4. Re: Recent trip to Palma with blog and photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:15