We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day trip from mediterranean cruise

Windsor, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one day trip from mediterranean cruise

We will be stopping one day only from mediterranean cruise to Pama de Amllorca, Spain and we are wondering what are the best sites to see. We have 4 adults and a 12 and 14 yr old. Thanks so much!!!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

lisa:

I would see the Cathedral and the Pueblo Español.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

It depends what your interests are and the day of the week you are there. Palma it self is a nice city just to wander around in the old part of town and also has some good shopping. Mallorca is a very pretty island so you may want to see more of it. Places like Valldemossa, Deia, Puerto Soller are worth a visit. You can reach Puerto Soller on an old train from Palma.

Mallorca also has some lovely beaches if you just want to relax.

Boone, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

What beach do you recommend? We will also be arriving by cruise ship for the day.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

The worrying thing for willing respondents to questions from cruise ship one day visitors is we never ever get feedback.So we don't know if our advice was sound or even if it was followed. I have made a decision not to answer these questions in future even though I have lots to contribute and have been on many cruises myself including one that ported in Palma! (Busman's holiday).

Those who know Palma, the cruise port and the areas nearby have their bearings but I know from experience that first time visitors to a port are totally lost.You get a city map (of sorts) from the ship but if you are not going on an organised expensive ship excursion you are dumped by the ship shuttle (thankfully in Palma it is close to the cathedral and hoho bus tour) and left to your own devices.I defy anybody to get a feel for a place in one short day.

Cruise visitors are not tourists imo.They are birds of passage (literally).And I am one and will be again in September.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

If you want a beach close to the ship Illetas, you can reach this beach easily by bus, bus 3 stops in front of Porto Pi shopping mall in front of the port

If you want to go further in my opinion one of the best beaches is Formentor on the north part of Mallorca, Es trenc on the east, or cala mandia close to porto cristo

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

I suggest you to visit Palma the old town and the cathedral (gaudi works), a walking tour to the courtyards and valldemossa one of the most beautiful towns on the island

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

I can just imagine visitors to Palma on a one short day cruise visit trying to get to Formentor Beach, lie on it,get some rays and back again for sailaway at around 7pm! Unreal.However Illetas is a good tip.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my questions on this forum and especially wirral

We will surely be back to be real tourists and not just birds of paradise (LOL)

9. Re: one day trip from mediterranean cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca