We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

I need to get to Pollensa on Thursday. It seems a bus will take me 45 mins. Is this the best way to go? Are the buses air conditioned? Do I buy a ticket before hand - if so where? Any advice would be appreciated.

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

There isn't a direct train, so use the bus - from the basement of the intermodal station in Palma. Most buses are air-conditioned. Pay the driver, with nothing larger than an EUR 10 note - the fare is around 6 depending where you get off.

A map showing stops, and timetable, at tib.org/portal/en/web/ctm/autobus/linia/340 . Note that it takes more than 45 mins if you mean Puerto Pollensa.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

Thanks for your help!

weybridge
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

Have you tried to book on line some airport transfer, there are some nice transfer around there

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

I will be getting a taxi to the bus station. Do I ask the driver to take me to Place d'Espanya?

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

I think that would be best. Because the bus station is underground, access is restricted to buses. I'm sure there is a nearby taxi area, but I can't place it.

As you'd asked for info from Palma, I had assumed that you knew your way round Palma.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

I am currently based in Palma, but this is my first year here, so still learning my way around! Trip went well to Pollensa - would definitely use the bus again! Thanks for your help!

southeast ireland
Level Contributor
386 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

the Taxi rank is directly across the road from exit/entrance to bus station

8. Re: Palma to Pollensa by Bus or Train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18