We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

Hi there,

We will be visiting Mallorca 26th Sept to 3rd Oct, staying in Puerto Pollensa. As we'll have a hire car we are considering driving back down to Palma for a day out. Can anyone advise of best route into a central part of Palma and best place for parking please?

We've visited Palma a few times before in recent years (prior to having our little girl!) so realise there is plenty to see and do but is there anything special on during that period or a recommended day to visit. We will be with our 2 year old daughter this time. We arrive on arrive on a Thursday and travel home the following Thursday.

Likewise, is there a day or time not to visit. Is there a rush hour around Palma as I have a feeling we may hit it on arrival to Mallorca and on our journey home if there is! What time does it get busier for travelling around the city and on the outskirts?

Thanks!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

I would park anywhere near the marina as its free. Quite hard to get a spot but there are loads of spaces.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

It will be easier to park in the underground car park in front of the Cathedral. Normally plenty of space.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

Parking in Palma is not a problem, agree with CP use the car park under the Cathedral easy in and out.

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

Lovely, how much do they charge? Never noticed the car park when we have been before but probably wouldn't have as we weren't driving and were using buses and taxis. Is it opposite the cathedral? I remember a few cafe's and restaurants on the street down the side of the cathedral, right beside it - where H and I had very large and strong irish coffees! Is it around here somewhere?

Thanks.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

Yes, the many entrances to the car park are in front of the lake and fountain. Skip the Irish bar unless you want to be ripped off by their high prices. I can't remember the hourly car park rate, but I don't think it was to dear.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

Dates aren't too dear, but it's not unusual for it to be full at this time of year.

7. Re: Driving into Palma and parking advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca