We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

We are looking to book a vacation to Spain and would like to stop at Mallorca for a portion of our trip. When in the spring season is the best time to visit the island? I am hoping to be there during the Orange Blossom season - when does that usually happen? Is there any other bloom that we should see when there? Any help with picking a time of year best to visit would be a big help.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

Arta in the north east lovely boutique hotels small town nice restaurants well worth a visit

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

In the spring stay in Palma, hire a car you can do one side of the island to the other in an hour.

Great time to visit.

3. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 17:13
London, England
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

The majority of blossom in Mallorca is almond blossom. Normally in bloom around February, March time. For orange blossom you need to visit the Valencia region of Spain.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

It all depends on what you want to see. Orange blossom in huge citrus farms in Valencia or blossom in quaint orange groves in the Soller Valley.

I know which I would go for.

London
Level Contributor
534 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

We are usually picking our oranges in February and March, so the blossom is later, late April/May, when it is like walking into a wall of fragrance in Soller.

However, the famous blossom is the Almond, which is earlier, February usually, and all over the plain.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

We made a special trip to Mallorca this year, from 8 - 25 February, specifically to see the almond blossom. It was wonderful and in full flower.

We normally visit at the end of April. At this time, the orange and lemon trees in the Soller valley are laden with ripe fruits and the blossom for the following year's crop is coming into full flower. The scent is amazing - it hits you long before you ever see the trees. It is the perfect time to go. You specifically need to be in the Soller valley if you want to see the orange blossom.

We just returned from Mallorca yesterday, and we managed to find a tiny bit of orange blossom that was flowering out of season. It was on the road from Soller town down to the port and every time I passed it I stopped to have a sniff - it was wonderful.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 21:09
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

Thank you kindly for all your suggestions. I know would like to see both the orange and almond blossoms as they both sound lovely!!

9. Re: Orange Blossoms in Mallorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:20