We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Ontario, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

I would like to know if anyone has dealt with the above company and what their experience was. They are asking for 30 % deposit (which sounds fair). Then the rest in cash when we meet at apartment and they give us the key. They are, however also asking for 200 euros cash as a deposit when we get into apartment in case of damages and they say they will return it when the apartment is inspected when we leave. Is this normal?

72 replies to this topic
Wales
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

I used them back in May (although it was through a different website - can't remember which now).

Initial correspondence was by email, and responses were prompt, comprehensive and reassuring.When I got to Mallorca I had to telephone from the airport to arrange meet their contact at my apartment. I was a little unsure about not meeting at an office or reception desk, but it all worked fine. The staff all speak and write good English, and when I contacted them on day 2 to ask for some more equipment for the kitchen it arrived that evening.

My deposit was returned the night before I left, and all was well. The only gripe I had was that my kitchen wasn't terribly well-equipped, but I survived!

They have apartments in some great locations in Central Palma, which is what I was looking for, so I may well use them again sometime.

2. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 06:09
Edited: 12 December 2013, 06:09

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

yes i did.

i made a deposite payment on an offer for an appertmant in palma. it was offered with parking and washing maschine. after payment was done, my questions for the parking were first not replied, then the answer, that there is none and the washing is 4eu per load.

i simply asked suyt to fullfil the conrtact as offered but the way they treated me as a customer was unacceptable. i got alternative holes offered with parking for same price (...).

after tons of emails with them and cc to HomeAway they agreed to send my payment back.

an absolut uneccessary trouble if you expect some nice holy-days!

customer service? friendlyness? = zero.

all in all-a nightmare!

there are lots of agencys doing a beautiful job.

why risk trouble?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

dear yolanda,

yes i did.

i made a deposite payment on an offer for an appertmant in palma. it was offered with parking and washing maschine. after payment was done, my questions for the parking were first not replied, then the answer, that there is none and the washing is 4eu per load.

i simply asked suyt to fullfil the conrtact as offered but the way they treated me as a customer was unacceptable. i got alternative holes offered with parking for same price (...).

after tons of emails with them and cc to HomeAway they agreed to send my payment back.

an absolut uneccessary trouble if you expect some nice holy-days!

my personal advice? we customers have to pay in advance. so we have to trust agenciess we dont know.how can they act like this if they are seroius? if you wanna have fun form the beginning, watch for someone serious.firendly, customers focused. honest.

be careful. good luck!

hugo

Lisbon, Portugal
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Hi have you del with then? Can you tell me about your experiente? Thank you.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 15:36
Estoril
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Hi!

I'm actually in the process of booking an apartment with them right now for a vacation in August.

So far so good but no payment has been made thus far.

Hugg h why would you put HomeAway in cc, are they associated?

All and nay feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Unfortunately yes, but never again.

Nice looking apartment in Palma de Mallorca, the address: Carrer de sant Elies - http://www.suyt.es/en/rentals/45

CANNOT BE FOUND via HomeAway or HolidayLettings any more, heh!

Pictures lie a lot, but that's expected.

Worse was that when we (6) arrived on Saturday evening 12th April, we quite soon found many lacks: kettle was not working, one bed crashed (under 75 kg) when tested, balcony doors were little open and could not be closed and one of them started to fall when tried to open, floors were very dirty which was noticed after walking with bare socks, "Full Equipped Kitchen" was a heavy exaggeration, and more...

And finally: both of two TOILETS WERE TOTALLY BLOCKED.

When called, Suyt said that nothing could be done before "tomorrow".

On Sunday afternoon a repairman fixed the other toilet, but then the sink stopped flushing properly; the other toilet couldn't be repaired.

After a long debate, the office staff (3) promised our money back if we move to some other flat - which we did on Sunday evening.

We suggested an underwritten agreement, but the answer was literally: "Trust me, this is not wild west."

On Tuesday finally THE BOSS came - and REFUSED refund.

After a long and partially not-so-friendly discussion, and perhaps because we refused to leave the office, he refunded the deposit 200e and cash payment 440e.

Advance payment 190e and final cleaning 50e - paid by bank transfer - he did not return.

I planned to make case official, but embassy did not give much hope.

Fortunately, the other (private) flat was nice and the weather was fine.

Yours,

Jukka Lantto

Finland

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Hi,

We booked an apartment from the Homeaway website which was managed by SUYT. It didn't come cheap, but was the perfect place for us and our 2 year old daughter. Email booking was fine. Paid deposit by transfer and had to pay cash on arrival as per other posts. Emails for any enquiries were answered promptly.

Sadly, the company called us 10 days prior to our departure (the booking had been made 6 months before) with bad news. The apartment had been found to be mouldy in the living accommodation and the apartment was no longer available. We were offered numerous other options, but none of them suited our needs. It caused a lot of disappointment and stress, as we ended up having to trawl the internet for our own alternative accom. We did get our money back from SUYT (albeit at a worse exchange rate and minus bank transfer fees!), a couple of days before we travelled out to Mallorca. It actually ended well, as we booked a last minute villa from James Villas which was much cheaper, so we had more spending money for the hol.

All in all, I would say they are OK to deal with. They always answer emails and do always call when they say they will, although sometimes the conversations can be a bit limited as they are all primarily Spanish speakers at SUYT. I will never book again though because of the inconvenience of the whole episode. In my opinion, the apartments should be checked well in advance of any bookings, so any work that needs doing can be done in time for the arrival of the guests.

Hope your holiday goes much smoother and you have a lovely time. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Just returned from two weeks in Mallorca and hired an apartment with them. Everything went very well, 30% deposit was required upon booking, and the rest in cash with a further 200 euros deposit. Suyt seems to be run by a bunch of gap year students, which meant it was a bit confused as they all seemed new to the job, but the apartment and the service was first class. Would certainly use them again.

btw the washing machine was broken for the whole time we were there, but we didn't complain as we hand washed. The kitchen was very well appointed but the beds squeaked horribly.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 09:04
Sant Elm, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?

Hello there

We are currently renting an apartment with Suyt Tourism in Sant Elm (west of the island). We have 3 kids (9, 6, 21months).

we had a early experience already mentioned: we booked (with advance payment) a first apartment with direct access to a small beach that Suyt we announced a few weeks after unavailable because "the owner finally removed the apartment from renting". :(

Suyt has proposed another, larger and usually more expensive for the same price, but without direct access to the beach (5 min).

The apartment, on the ground floor, is part of a nice and very ornate set in Cala Es Conills.

It is large and well equipped (oven, microwave, tv, stereo, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, and Wireless internet connexion).

By cons, this apartment also likes to ... cockroaches! Suyt found their presence on our arrival (Sunday evening), and after several calls, sms and last a little tense for me, a technical speaker is currently (thursday) operating in the apartment. :)

Other minor problems:

- A ceiling fan and light not working

- An exterior door (with component however) does not lock

- 2 interior room doors close with difficulty

- 1 shower door closes very very difficult

- The cd player does not work

- The water inlet of the washing machine the machine leak

I have noticed everything, and stay in the apartment to "monitor" the operations.

I will let you know the result !

As a conclusion, up to now :

Suyt Tourism should clearly control more professionally the situation, especially as budgets are substantial and require the full in cash and in advance!

I believe that quality must be impeccable.

If they set all of my problems, and without delay, I think it can happen, and I consider the balance will remain positive.

Reply to: Has anyone dealt with SUYT.es for apartment rentals?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca
Recent Conversations