We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Mallorca!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Mallorca!!

Hi everyone!

I´m planing a trip to Mallorca in August for 6 days. I need some help to decide where to stay because i´m travelling alone and i would like a place with gorgeous beaches but with bars/ clubs to go out at night and meet people. I don´t know what is the better option if i should stay in Palma Center, Magalluf or if i should go to the north of the island. What do you recommend me??

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Maria

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Mallorca!!

Hi Maria

I went alone in Sept last year last minute and just booked return flights from Manchester, UK, as a lady and I stayed in Palma in week one in hostels and then got a bus to Santa Ponsa it's more lively there and safer as a female than Magaluf tbh. I am going again on my own, so I wouldn't venture to Magaluf as I do not drink and a lot of people I spoke to thought it was really rough. I salsa dance so anywhere around the south part is great and it is very safe all round seeing as I was walking around Palma around 2am most evenings admiring the town and not getting hassled either.

Geraldine x

Edited: 02 March 2014, 20:38
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Mallorca!!

I think stay in Palma (the city) is the best advice to the OP. There's no beaches readily available but the nightlife is going to be more like it.

There's a bar in Santa Ponsa that does Salsa dancing (and lessons) by the way. The Santana bar, on the front by the beach.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Mallorca!!

I would suggest Palma Nova. Its fairly lively but no danger. I agree I would stay out of Magaluf at night being a single girl. Hotel I recommend Is Hotel Don Bigote. Catch a bus from Airport to Main bus station in Palma and then catch a bus to Palma Nova. Gorgeous beaches.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Mallorca!!

Thank you all for your recommendation!! I´m going to stay away from Magaluf.... I think i´m going to stay in Palma (the city), near "Plaza España" someone told that is next to the tren and bus station. Do you think is the best area to stay??

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Mallorca!!

It is certainly convenient for culture, travel and shopping but it is a busy part of the city around there.You would be unlikely to find it relaxing as it is built-up and quite noisey.And August is hot and humid.No beaches in Palma City.Nearest would be Portixol which is small. Given that you like "gorgeous beaches" and bars/clubs you could do so much better without going anywhere near Magaluf.

6. Re: First time in Mallorca!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca