We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mallorca and Ibiza

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Mallorca and Ibiza

So my husband and I, mid 30's are traveling to Ibiza beg of July. We love beach, and partying but am wondering if 7 days 6 nts might be a bit much to spend on ibiza. Was wondering if I should cut out 2 nights and fly to mallorca for 2 nts. Or would this be pointless because of the time traveling and basically checking in and out of hotels.

Thank you.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

We regularly mix a period of tranquillity on Formentera with the vibrancy of Palma and we have found hopping between Ibiza and Mallorca to be straightforward. Iberia have regular flights (40 mins) and transit between airport and hotels at both ends is not too time consuming (20 minutes tops). The only real lag is the time spent in Ibiza airport waiting for the flight. My recommendation is to give it a try.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,629 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Qn "would this be pointless because of the time traveling and basically checking in and out of hotels" - IMO yes, for as short a visit as 6 nights stick to just one island.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

I agree with KWUK, you could easily lose a day in the process of moving.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

As much as I love Majorca , I would say give it a miss this time . Plenty to do in Ibiza for a week . Just not worth the hassle .

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Yep, pointless IMO too. Plenty to do in Ibiza other than lazing and partying.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Thank you all so much!!

Can u recommend some things to do in Ibiza as most people say there is plenty other than partying? I will def visit formentera...

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Thank you all so much!!

Can u recommend some things to do in Ibiza as most people say there is plenty other than partying? I will def visit formentera...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,629 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Good decision, Milana, to focus upon just Ibiza on this visit. Suggest you enter your extra qn of post no 7 above as a new thread on the Ibiza forum itself (you'll get more specific answers from there; and also give them a clue what sort of things you like as well as beach and partying).

But - next time you and hubby are in Europe, do visit Mallorca (minimum 7 nights) - it's a wonderful and varied island and significantly larger than Ibiza.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Milana, The decision is yours but just to correct some of the misinformation this post has generated, journey between the islands would not use up a whole day, or anything close to it. Typically we do the journey from Formentera to the centre of Palma in just over 5 hours - and that includes a taxi to the ferry terminal, waiting for the ferry and a 40 minute ferry crossing to Ibiza.

I don't dispute that there may well be more than enough to occupy you on Ibiza, but if you want to wander and see other islands do not be put off by the travelling time.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mallorca and Ibiza

Just to add I'm another who thinks it is not a good idea on such a short holiday