We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Hi Ive been recommended the Hotel Costa Azul for a few days in Palma in September. Could anyone please tell me if the location of this hotel is central to all attractions. Is it in walking distance to bars, shops and restaurants etc. How long would it take to walk to the main tourist area ie the old town of palma. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costa Azul
Hotel Costa Azul
1,588 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
347 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Wine routes Mallorca
Hiking Trails, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Mallorca Rutes
Sightseeing Tours
Go!blu Mallorca
Sightseeing Tours
Urban Drivestyle
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

On Paseo Maritimo overlooking the marina.V convenient location for all you mention and on many bus routes.Ten minutes to Old Town.You have been well advised.A good value 3* especially given the location.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Good hotel in a great location overlooking the marina with views of the cathedral, I've stayed there 3 times now.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

My only reservation about the Azul, along with the other hotels alongside it is we stayed there for one night before a cruise and could not get any sleep due to the noise from drunken revellers from the nearby nightclubs which started around 4am.

We have also booked three nights in Palma for September, this time we have gone for the Saratoga, it is more expensive, but a lot closer to the old town and the shopping area which we liked as well. Last year we stayed at the Jamie III which is near to the Saratoga, it was perfectly fine but does not have an outside pool or sunbathing area.

http://www.hotelsaratoga.co.uk/

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
347 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Hotel Saratoga
Hotel Saratoga
1,157 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

That comment of markpool's is relevant and worthy of consideration. However the revelry in the main is farther west along the Paseo near Palas Atenea and Melia Victoria (where a night club is).

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Thank you Wirral, to be fair we only stayed there for one night and it was a Saturday night which i imagine will be the worst night, but the screaming and shouting from drunken people was terrible, and we would never stay there again because of it, everything else was fine.

york
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

I have stayed at the Costa Azul on 5 separate occasions and have never heard noise from revellers, there is a little traffic noise but the double glazing is effective at blocking it out, the 15-20 minutes walk to the old town along the marina is lovely and feels safe even late on an evening. Going back again in October.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costa Azul
Hotel Costa Azul
1,588 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Travelgoose, maybe I was unlucky then, but the drunken shouting and screaming was terrible that night.

Like I said, with it being a busy Saturday night may be it was a one off, but it would certainly have me thinking twice regarding staying again.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Mark, I think you were unlucky, I've stayed over the weekend before & only heard slight traffic noise as travel goose states.

I've also stayed twice on the night of the 3 kings celebrations & never had a problem with noise.

Mind you my hearing is not perfect.lol

Edited: 16 April 2014, 08:40
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

Thanks for all your comments. We have decided to go for the Hotel Saratoga. Thanks markpool we researched this hotel and like you decided it is nearer to the Old Town and has a lovely roof top terrace and jazz club.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Saratoga
Hotel Saratoga
1,157 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Costa Azul - Location

See you in September in the Jazz club then!

Feel free to pm me if you want any recommendations for bars, restaurants etc.

Mark