We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Timisoara
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vanrell (Rent a Car)

I've browsed the forum and noticed that Vanrell has positive reviews here.

I've booked a Smart Cabrio for 7 days (315 €) and they said the car will be waiting for me in the airport parking. I've managed to book my car with PayPal (not charged yet) but they said the will charge me 3-4 days before arrival (that would be August 7th). They also confirmed that would be better if I'll gave them my debit card information (I don't own a credit card).

This is all that I need to pay 315 € and no other fees. Sounds good to me.

Care to share your experience with this car rental company?

Thanks in advance.

74 replies to this topic
Lancashire
Level Contributor
800 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Well if you've read the reviews you will see I have put a number of positive comments on TA re Vanrell. The only other thing they WILL try and sell you is additional insurance for wheels,tyres,glass,mirrors and wrong fuel .. but they ALL do. It is NOT by any means a hard sell. I've never taken it.

Only problem I've ever had was last month ( about my 10th rental with them ).. car was virtually brand new but air-con wasn't working properly. That's not their fault. Noticed as soon as we left the airport. Just took it straight back and got another virtually brand new car. Good customer service there.

As a point of interest after picking up your luggage you will be on your way in the car in LESS than 30 minutes. No problem. Never any queues.

I recommend them highly.

Timisoara
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Thanks for your input.

That sounds really interesting. I really love their process. Simple and efficient.

So what do you mean by additional insurance for wheels,tyres,glass,mirrors and wrong fuel?

I know it sounds like a silly question but this is my FIRST TIME ever that I'm renting a car... I'm excited and on the other hand I'm a little bit worried (as I've read tons of complaints here).

But I think if I'll do my "homework" right then I'll be safe.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
800 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Basically if you damage the windscreen, mirrors wheels/tyres or put the wrong fuel in the car the repair costs fall to you unless you have taken the additional insurance. I think it's about 3 euros per day !! All companies offer this additional cover but its your decision. I don't know of any in Majorca where it's included in your quote but I may be corrected by someone else on that.

With Vanrells zero excess insurance which is included in the price quoted you do get peace of mind. If you damage the car by means other than driving like an idiot then you are covered. ( If you decide to take it off road for a bit of a Safari then it would be very costly !! ). Or for example if you leave your car parked up and when you come back to it some dead head has driven into it and driven away the zero excess policy covers ALL repair costs. You don't pay for example the first 500 euros of any claim.

The fuel policy is good too .. just take it back with roughly what was in it when you picked it up.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 19:27
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

We hired a car from Vanrell at Easter this year. Had a brand new car, and fantastic service, quick, easy and Alan the guy behind the desk was so helpful, just brilliant.

Timisoara
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Sounds awesome. Thanks for your input guys.

So for further reference how can I search Google for car rental companies like Vanrell?

Should I use (e.g.) "(INSERT TOWN HERE) car rental zero excess"?

I'm starting to love this forum... learn new things every day.

Hampshire, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Vanrell Car Hire Excellent !! Value and Service

On arrival to Palma Airport , we made our way to the car park opposite departures, we collected our car on the 4 floor ,

The desk was manned by a very helpful chap named Robert.

He showed us the vehicle and gave good advise regards the nearest petrol station ( on site airport )

We had reserve amount in the tank,

The car was a small Seat. which was ideal ,for tour he journey into the mountains ( roads are narrow )

We had no problem with the car our its performance .

On return to Palma Airport , we parked the car on Floor 3 as requested.

We have not experienced any issues with this company and can highly recommend them .

We had extra insurance for windows/ wheels plus tyres

Paid only for petrol used

No hidden extras.

Timisoara
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

I'm back with feedback about this company. What can I say... everything went really smooth with Vanrell. I've landed in Palma, looked for the company's desk (as described in the instructions sent by mail)... meet a guy there... I've showed him my reservation and in maximum 5 minutes I had the keys in my hand and went to search for the car in the parking lot.

The car was a Smart Cabrio. I've rented the car for 7 days (315 euros) and I was offered some additional insurance, but I didn't took it. The tank was 3/4 full so I've returned it with the same amount.I've paid the parking which was 2 euros.

On departure, I left the car there with the keys and parking ticket inside and left. I've paid only the gasoline I used.

I highly recommend Vanrell. This was my first time renting a car and I was more than happy to work with these guys.

No hidden fees or other costs. I will hire more cars from them when I'll be back in Mallorca.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 19:22
Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

We've just got back from Majorca, where we a hired a car from Vanrell. I was very happy with the car, the pick-up/drop-off arrangements and the cost, but the condition of the child seat that we requested was very poor. In fact, we had to go to Port D'Alcudia after a few days to change it when we realised that it was actually unsafe. The replacement child-seat was fine. I suspect that the child-seats provided by other local companies would be of a similar quality to those provided by Vanrell. I would definetely use Vanrell again, but we will take our own child-seat with us next time.

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

I know this is too late for you but my help other readers. We hired a car from them in 2012. Nice guy was waiting for us, saying they upgraded our car for a slightly bigger one, not even trying to sell us anything and not taking any deposit. Took less than two minutes to sign the papers and go through the hiring process , we paid about 1 Euro for parking ticket and off we went. Coming to airport different guy was waiting for the car already but we did as it stated in the papers by parking and locking the car. Simple as that. No problems. Just about to book again for our trip in May.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Vanrell (Rent a Car)

Can I just confirm. If renting from vanrell it is not necessary to take out an extra car hire insurance (like other companies expect you to?). Thank you..

Reply to: Vanrell (Rent a Car)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted