We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Please

Hi, we are going to Menorca this June and would like a bit of advice about exchanging pounds for euros, would we get a better rate in Menorca or in England ?.

Also is there a British radio station on the Island as i was thinking of taking ny small dab radio.

Berkeley, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please

From experience your local bank/post office will offer better rates than they do on the island itself.

And radio station, persnally i have no idea. But as far as i'm aware there is an english magazine for the island itself. And ofcoruse bbc worldservice if you want that.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please

I use the M&S buraux de change in the UK for euros as I have foud their exchange rate is always up with the best and often buy them in advance whenever the exch rate looks good. Also, altho I haven;t tried it myself, I understand that if you order over a certain amount online they will deliver the currency to your door free. Having said that, we tend to take sterling travellers cheques as well as a back up rather than take too much loose cash or resort to plastic! I have found that the exchange rate given in our resort is always fine compared with the UK provided you change up say £100 at a time so I wouldn't worry too much.

wimbledon park
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Please

Hi Tony There are no english radio station on the island but all the taxi drivers listen to MAGIC radio station from england and the spanish stations do play english pop music.

It is better to get your euro's in england.

Enjoy your holiday in Menorca and be sure to visit the best beach on the island if you can, they are

Cala galdana and Arenel de'n castell.

4. Re: Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:16