We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 year old girls - happy holiday?

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tenby
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
15 year old girls - happy holiday?

Thinking of heading to Menorca with two 15 year old girls. We have looked at son bou gardens apartments and would just like to ask anyone out there if this resort would be suitable for 15 year olds. Whilst we realise that they wont be 'pubbing' it, they would like a little bit of evening entertainment and independance, and may not quite appreciate a total abundance of very young children. Is this the right resort to look at on Menorca or is there another possibly livlier one? Would appreciate any feedback that all could give

Cheers

Berkeley, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 year old girls - happy holiday?

In all honesty i dont think you could have picked a better place.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 year old girls - happy holiday?

Hi,

There's always lots of young children, Menorca is that kind of island. My 16 & 13 year olds still love it, even after ten years of holidaying in the same place. You can give them a bit of independence and because it's so child friendly it doesn't attract the 18-30 type.

We always stay in Cala n Porter which is probably the liveliest resort on the island. Son Bou is a good choice, Santo Thomas would probably be too quiet & Cala n Forcat has plenty going on but the beaches aren't wonderful(personally, I don't like it).

Hope this helps

Carol

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 year old girls - happy holiday?

I agree, Son Bou is probably more suitable than Santo T to avoid boredom with this agegroup but then again last week I saw two young ladies of this sort of age having great fun flirting with a handsome young spaniard under the watchful eye of their parents in a restaurant in Santo T!

Tenby
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 year old girls - happy holiday?

I love this site!!!1 :-)

Thank you all so much for your input - all very valuable.

Thank you

5. Re: 15 year old girls - happy holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 23:21