We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Santo Tomas

Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Santo Tomas

Have just booked to go to the Sol Menorca in santo Tomas in May, 2009. [This is our third stay at the hotel but we usually booked through a travel company and had a transfer from the airport]. Does anyone know if the Sol Menorca Hotel arranges transport from the airport?

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Santo Tomas

hi,margaret glen,i do know to transfer by taxi it is quite expensive about £100 return. have you not concidered hiring a car,we are collecting a car from the airport for 1 week for£117.Thanks also for your comments on the sol menorca,not yet booked hotel yet as we couldnt make our mind up whether to stay there or next door at the santo tomas which is where we stayed last year.if you want details of the best car hire company( with no nasty hidden extras0 send me a private message. paul p. s. the sol hotel is £300 cheaper then the santo tomas

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Santo Tomas

Hi

I agree - a hire car from the airport may be just as reasonable as the return taxi cost and you have the added bonus of transport during your holiday. We use Owners Cars http://www.ownerscars.com who have an office in Santo T outside the Hamilton Court Appts but I know that they have an airport pick up/drop off office and in May you should get a good deal. You may not be able to reserve for 2009 yet but there is lots of time to check out different firms for prices.

Just a thought-have you considered buses? You could also try emailing the Sol direct to see if they do any transport themselves. The email address was given in another post on this forum very recently

3. Re: Taxi from airport to Santo Tomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 21:17