We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santo tomas, first time

northants,uk
12 posts
Save Topic
santo tomas, first time

hi, first time to menorca, just want to know,whats in walking distance from santo tomas,and what to expect from the weather? thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santo tomas, first time

Hi

You have picked a lovely island and Santo Tomas is a nice place to go for a relaxing time. To enable folk to answer in more detail, can you please say when are you going? Early May is a bit unreliable but by the beginning of June it should be good pretty much all the time. Are you staying in a hotel or self catering as I can give you some advie on the shops etc.

When you say walking distance are you talking easy strolls or more adventurous stuff? Also, are there any small children in your party?

I shall be in Santo Tomas over the May half term holiday ( 22 May for one week).

northants,uk
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: santo tomas, first time

hi yes booked for april 24 for 4 nights, staying in hamilton court, no children, just two of us,going to chill out!just wondering whats around the area, and what sort of climate to expect,

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: santo tomas, first time

Hi

I will send a more detailed message later on as I am about to go out but thought I ought to tell you asap that the resort will be dead as a doornail in April as most things there do not get up and running until May (the bars and shops there are not open all year round). The island is very much a summer place for visitors and so far as I know the tour operatrors only start to run bookings in May.

I assume that the bar/ restaurant at Hamilton Court will be open for residents but you might want to check this with the management ( see hamiltoncourt.com/ingles/…hamilton_court.htm ). The nearest town for shopping will be Es Migorn Gran but you will need a car or taxi to get there if the bus service isn't running as it is quite a walk!

northants,uk
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: santo tomas, first time

thanks for the good advise, nevermind at least it will be quiet ,lol,what about the weather?

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
653 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: santo tomas, first time

weather can be a bit hit and miss, was fab today no wind and beautiful sunshine...but tomorrow who knows?? Bring layers!!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: santo tomas, first time

Hi again

You may have noticed all the flurry of posting about the winter storm damage to the beach in Santo Tomas. As you will be there this month could you let everyone know what it is like please?

Nobody has replied about walks yet - if you walk along the front you will see posts with "Cami de Cavalls" on them - this is a mark of the islands coastline walk and I understand that the hope is to have it all walkable around the entire island eventually. If you set off eastwards along the front from Hamilton Court and walk past the Bar Es Pins you will find a path going up around the headland - follow this for half an hour or so and you will reach Son Bou beach. If you walk in the other direction (west) you will reach several small coves and can eventually get to Cala Galdana

Re weather - here is a link to a 10 day forcast for Mahon uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Mahon-SPXX0051

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
653 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: santo tomas, first time

Might convince my other half to take a drive up to Santo Tomas this weekend to check out the beach, will report back if we go

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: santo tomas, first time

Oh that would be great if you do go, thank you!

9. Re: santo tomas, first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 17:27