We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Yorks
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Help, which resorts should we look at for easy access to the beach and getting about generally (fairly flat rather than hilly)as we will be pushing a buggy and don't manage hills too well. We don't want anywhere too quiet as we like choice to eat out every evening - suggestions welcome please - somewhere we can rent a small villa easily.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

First thoughts - Cala'n Bosch. That has everything on your wants list: The whole resort is flat compared to others where the villas can be up in the hills. Lots of restaurants and a bit of nightlife around the marina. Loads of small villas to rent, I see you've looked at CnB already by your idea to Pamber - What did you think?

JtheD

Yorks
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Hi JTD - yes, it seems the best option but it's hard to find the detail around the other resorts - the villas (ie CalanBosch villas and Begonias) seem a bit far out - do you know them? I was just trying to find out if any other resorts fit the bill?

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

I looked at the thomson site maps and if they're accurate then the Begonias is bang in the middle of resort and close to Cal'n Bosch beach, while the Cal'n bosch villas are maybe 10 mins walk to the marina but right on the larger son xoriger beach, so both are central.

Other resorts - Santo Thomas is also very flat, but maybe a little too quiet - I'll let MenorcaRegular fill you in more about that. Cala Galdana is flat in the centre but rises high up behind where most of the villas are. Another option might be the Binibeca area - there's more villas than hotel rooms in that area and it's fairly flat on that side of the island - restaurants and bars are spaced out alot here tho.

Son Bou has alot of appartments on the flat around the San Jaime are but be careful - there's loads up in the hills here as well. Lastly Cal'n Forcat and Cal'n Blanes (los delfines) area is flat going. It's all karaoke, HP sauce and sky sports here but if that's your thing...................

JtheD

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Hiya,

I would say Cala'n Bosch is a good choice as it is flat. The only steps were at the bridge which goes over the 'mouth' of the marina. We took a buggy and had no problems. Also, most of the marina is pedestrianised, apart from down one side.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Having read your requirements, I am hesitating about recommending Santo Tomas ( which is very flat and great for buggies) as it is not as busy as Cala Galdana or the Son Bou/San Jamie area and is very quiet with very little night life. Also, small villas are not too common there although there are some very nice appartments which may fit the bill.

You need to look at the reviews on the places recommended so far carefully before you make your decision as one mans meat ...........

Please feel free to send me a PM if you want more details about Santo Tomas

Yorks
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Thanks for the help everyone - I will digest your comments and do a bit more digging - much appreciated!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
483 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

Just to add to the earlier post re the steps at the mouth of the marina in Cala'n Bosch, these can be avoided by walking down the slope to the side of the Britannia pub if necessary. We found this out after struggling for a week with the buggy on our first visit! Apart from that it's Buggy Heaven!!

8. Re: Which resorts are level for easy access etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 02:18