We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest deals on car hire in July?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,689 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Latest deals on car hire in July?

Help guys

Has anyone booked very recently and found any good deals still out there? We hope to be travelling out on 22 July and take a car for a week but I have just looked online and things seem to be very expensive now.

stana1966
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

I have booked a car quite reasonably through airmiles at £45 for 3 days and it is Avis who have about 10 offices on Menorca. I did use some airmiles and part cash but it may be worth a look even if you have no airmiles.

doncaster
Level Contributor
444 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

hi menreg,google doyouspain,we have car booked for 7 days,renault clio or similar 139euros with NO EXCESS9very importent)cheaper cars available,we always use them.paul also you dont pay until you arrive

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

Regular - got to agree with akadon - Do You Spain are the biz

http://www.doyouspain.com/

managed to get a bit cheaper thanks to Caroliner this year with Avis booked thru Thomson. Reading the small print they might want an excess insurance on arrival tho. So I've hedged my bets and booked both! Nothing to pay until arrival and no charge for a no show at either!

JtheD

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

That Avis deal is thru Thomas Cook, not Thomson.

http://production.rent-at-avis.com/avisonline/gb/ibe.nsf/reservationhomemicrosite?openview&MST=2FC812FF093FEF3F4125741800447308

Checked my vouchers again and it SAYS it all included. If so that's the cheapest for years £305 for 18 days. Do you spain was £385 for the same. Just checked your dates and silly money tho - think I got it when the sale was on.

The others I always look at are these two:

http://www.carjet.com/

holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/…

JtheD

Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

Think the problem you have is the fact it's the start of the school summer hols. Booked ours for Aug through Holiday Autos which was the cheapest at £260 for 10 days Clio size car (that was with 10% discount) which included Cancellation cover and Total Damage Excess Waiver. Have a look at some of the Cashback/discount websites such as Quidco as they may have some offers. I use a similar employee site through work and got 10% off.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

We have used Do You Spain for the last 5 years, pick up and drop off at the airport is really easy. Can highly recommend them. Nothing extra to pay unless you take the extra insurance for loss of car keys and damage to tyres which is not compulsory and only $14 a week. Pay when you collect a the airport.

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

Just had a quote off holidayautos.com for £135 for a week, all in for early July.

Never been charged extra's by them in other locations eg second driver etc.

Just keeping it as a quote for now, as we intend to remain in resort, but it may help.

Jaycine

Birmingham
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

Just a question for anyone else who's used Holiday Autos. We used them last year and purchased their Total Damage Excess Waiver and have done the same again for this year's hol. When we collected the car from Owners Cars in Cala'n Bosch they then tried to get us to buy their extra cover for tyres etc, insisting that this was not covered by HA. We didn't buy it as I felt this was already covered. Can anyone confirm that it isn't necessary to purchase this if I have TDEW from HA?

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

Can't answer you directly, but was told by the agent we collected from in Ibiza that HA are just a broker who gets billed monthly. That was why they were willing to add the extra drivers at no extra charge to us.

We also had the Excess Waiver, but having spoken to Hubby, we believe that this covers you for the excess in the case of accident damage/vandalism. Tyres are not usually covered by this (as consumables), so maybe thats what their extra cost offered.

We have never been offered this though, and we have had vehicles in other destinations where we've even told them we intend taking vehicle off road.

Can't be of anymore help though,

Jaycine

10. Re: Latest deals on car hire in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 07:17