We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chinese

dorset
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
chinese

Hi can you tell us where the nearest best chiness resturant is we are staying at S Algar

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
644 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chinese

You will have to go to either Mahon on the port or to Es Castell. The restaurant at the top of calas fons isn't bad. Then again, we don't really like the chinese's here, we prefer the Japanese in Malbuger (on outskirts of Mahon), much nicer and you can still get sweet and sour chicken, beef in oyster, ect...

dorset
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chinese

Hi thanks for your reply,is there nothing in san louise?anyway we can survive without,thanks again,

ziggy.

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
644 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chinese

No, no chinese in San Luis I'm afraid....there is a nice Thai in S'algar though

dorset
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: chinese

Hi thanks for all your help it is apprecated,i wonder if you can help regards going to the races with the little chariots pulled by horses can we get the bus that goes to mahon or will we need a taxi there n back?also we would like to see around the island but i dont drive,are there coach trips,or do we need to keep going into Mahon n catching a bus,theres a problem with that as the last bus from Mahon back to S Algar is 6pm,wed like to go to the mountain the highest point on the island but not sure how to get there is it a taxi again?i need to know so i take enough spending money with me!!!!

Ziggy.

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
644 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chinese

As far as I am aware there are no bus services to the Hipodromo, where you will find the chariots. You will have to get a cab, or get a bus to San Luis then walk the rest of the way.

There are coach tours of the island. Go in to one of the hotels in S'Algar and see if you can buy tickets for one of the thomson, ect excursions

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,885 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chinese

Hi Ziggi

Re trips to the top of Monte Toro, I have this years First Choice "Out and About" excursions brochure for Menorca and there are no trips offered by them this year that include a stop off at Monte Toro. Details of what they do offer can be found at firstchoice.co.uk/holidays/menorca-holidays/ . The Thomsons selection for the S'Algar area is at www.thomsonexcursions.co.uk/Search.aspx…

One option would be to go into the town by bus and get a taxi up to the top to visit the monastery/convent up there which is very pretty and gives great views across the whole island, have a drink etc. up and you could then walk back down!

7. Re: chinese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 07:23