We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

Hi Everyone!

My mum and I are travelling to Menorca with our partners in September for a holiday (Cala Galdana) and want to know how far (or feasible) Majorca is to travel too? Is is a plane journey or can you take a ferry? If so, how long would it take?

Many thanks if you can help!

Catherine

;o)

Bronte Country
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

Hi as far as I know you can get to Majorca by sea from Mahon and Cuitadella,not sure how long it takes.

If you go to www.menorca-net.co.uk register free and ask the question ,the ex pats who live in Menorca will help you.

Maryb

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

Great, thanks Mary! Just had a quick look at the site & looks good already.

Catherine

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

The ferry from Mahon to Palma takes quite a long time (4 hours +) and while the ferry from Ciutadella to Alcudia only takes an hour it drops you on the "wrong" side of Mallorca (north coast). If you can afford it take the flight - It's only 30 mins and there's 8 each way every day. You only need to check in an hour before departure.

www.iberia.com/…

JtheD

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

I like the idea of ferrying to the North Coast of Majorca, from Menorca, as Pollensa is one of our favoutite places, what you happen to have a link for info on this ferry?

Thanks

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

Yep, loved Pollenca - been there a few times when Menorca is closed up for winter. There's 2 operators that run Ciutadella - Alcudia. Iscomar do the "slow boat" around 2 and a half hours:

www.iscomar.ferries.org/…

And Baleaia do a fast ferry - about an hour:

www.balearia.ferries.org/…

Both websites look identical except for the name at the top so I assume they've joined forces. Prices on the slow boat are cheaper but sailing times will dictate which you prefer. Maybe the slow boat out and the fast boat back?

JtheD

6. Re: Menorca to Majorca - Distance, Transport - Is it feasible???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2009, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Menorca
Recent Conversations