We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks Around Fornells Area

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Walks Around Fornells Area

Hi, we are off to playa de fornells in august,and like walking/hiking,does anyone know of any good walks in that area I have read that you can walk to fornells along the cliffs, are there any other places you can walk to along the cliff path??

Thanks

Suzi

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks Around Fornells Area

Hi Suzi, Well like you say the obvious walk to start out with is to Fornells along the coast path. It'll take around 45 mins from the time you reach the end of the Playa Fornells Urb. You'll end up at the cemetary, a couple of mins walk into the village.

If you walk out of P'd'F on the road and then cross the main road in front, after about 500 yards there's a turning to the left (green gate) which gives access to the whole of the Mola Fornells and even as far as Son Parc.

I've not done much going west, but try the path behind the disused bar at the west end of Tirant beach. I have suspiscions it must lead on to Binimela and ultimately Pregonda.

Try this little gem for more info. We bought it last year and it's packed full of good days out:

amazon.co.uk/exec/…ox_ya_oh_product

JtheD

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks Around Fornells Area

Sorry slight correction:

If you walk out of P'd'F on the road and then FOLLOW THE ROAD TO MERCADAL TURNING LEFT TO MAHON AFTER 1.5 KM, after about 500 yards there's a turning to the left (green gate) which gives access to the whole of the Mola Fornells and even as far as Son Parc.

JtheD

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walks Around Fornells Area

Hi, Thanks for the info, the book looks great.the walk you mentioned to son parc, is it along the coastpath, or a road ?? we stayed at castel d'n arenal quite a few years ago, and we walked from there to son parc, the beach is lovely.

Regards

Suzi

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walks Around Fornells Area

Hi Suzi

I'm replying on behalf of JtD, because he's in Fornells right now - he arrived there yesterday for a couple of weeks in our apartment - I had just had a couple of weeks there myself and arrived home here yesterday.

I have not done the walk he mentioned, but am familiar with it second hand. It's a path, not a road, but relatively easy to walk, and very pleasant. The book he told you about is excellent. I have read through many of the walks, while supping a cold beer, and I find it wonderful exercise turning those pages.....

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walks Around Fornells Area

Thanks for your reply, we will definatly be trying that walk.its a few years since we have been to minorca,about 15 infact.We stayed at arenal d'n castel then, and did a short walk along the cliffs to son parc which was nice.

Regards

Suzi

6. Re: Walks Around Fornells Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 05:17