We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip with unspecified hotel

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Last minute trip with unspecified hotel

Hi,

Me and my wife are thinking of taking a last minute trip to Minorca next week with Solresor (Primera travel group). Since it's unspecified hotel, they have the ususal disclamier that it might be a 1-star hotel a bit off.

My question is, how bad can this be on Minorca in the worst case? And are the "better" hotels currently fully booked so there is less chance for those?

Looking forward for quick answers as we need to book quite soon :)

//Tommy

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip with unspecified hotel

Other experiences on last minute travel to Minorca is ofc also welcome :)

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip with unspecified hotel

Oh, and another thing: For like €10 extra we can specify that we want to live on the south coast, would this make anything better?

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute trip with unspecified hotel

Hi Tommy,

British tour operators have the same sort of thing, allocate on arrival, but most would have different prices for different star ratings. If you're getting a bargain price then you will probably get the lowest star rating possible.

If it's a good deal then take it, once you're in Menorca, if the accommodation isn't up to standard, you could look around locally for something else.

August is the busiest time of the year but the whole island has been very quiet this summer.

Can you just buy flights from Solresor & look for your own accommodation with Expedia or Travel Republic or some of the online suppliers?

On the location, I prefer the south coast resorts.

Hope this helps with your decision

Carol

4. Re: Last minute trip with unspecified hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:17