We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

Just booked two weeks in an apartment for June 2010 (16th - 30th) via Owners Direct and not sure what to expect of Arenal. Owner very pleasant and honest but I wonder would anyone know if there is entertainment offered in local hotels to suit myself and husband plus 3 year old. We are not bar/disco people but rather looking for something for our daughter to join in with (kid's disco) as well as ourselves to just sit and have a quiet drink - don't we sound boring? Also, does anyone know if you can hire a car in the resort as we'd like to for the middle week of our holiday as already organised private airport transfer (not forgetting the car seat!). Phew...questions, questions, any advice very gratefully received.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

i have not stayed in that resort, but in terms of car hire, the season starts in may 2010. I would strongly surgest booking it then, as this year there has been a lack of cars. I would not book it till then, as who knows with the current credit crunch, who will still be trading next year.

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

Thank you for the tip - we will do that.

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

Arenal is a relaxed resort with a lovely beach. There are bars and restaurants and you as a family will be welcome in all of them. The AGUAMARINA hotel runs a kids disco, etc, you can join in the fun, so long as you have a drink. (hotel entertainment is run by thomsons I think)

Get a CAR and arrange it sooner rather than later. It's not difficult to drive over here and a car is well worth it.

Raff

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

Thank you, Raff, as you posted your response from Menorca, I am assuming you live there so whilst I have 1,000 questions, I wonder can I ask do you know of a decent supermarket for the "big" shop on arrival. I have been told of one just 2 minutes away from the Airport but they were vague with directions - I understand supermarkets/mini-markets in resort can be a little expensive so happy to support them and purchase water, etc., but "big" shop on our budget will need to be done elsewhere. Have taken tip about hiring car and have e-mailed Poppy Cars for quote and if okay, will book. Phew...months away and yet here I am organising already. Can't want to visit what I have been told is a gorgeous island and just met someone this morning who returned from two weeks in Cala Galdana and raved about it so much and have already booked for next year! That speaks volumes in my book.

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

U are right, I am in Menorca, I live here all year round (lucky me!).

There are loads of supermarkets on way to resrt, tis always best to do your major shop out of resort. PM me before you travel to Menorca and I'll give you directions to a good supermarket

Raff

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

Thank you for your kind offer - I will post message next year and until then, enjoy the rest of the summer.

7. Re: First Visit to Arenal d'en Castell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Menorca