We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October half term in Menorca

Herts
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
October half term in Menorca

We've booked to take the kids to Calan Forcat at the end of October (UK half term). Will some places have closed for the season by then?

Bronte Country
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: October half term in Menorca

Hi you could go to www.menorca-net.co.uk and ask the ex-pats.

Maryb

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October half term in Menorca

Things start to scale down, for example bars closing early if noone in them and they cut down on staff in some places, but the resort is open till 1st November.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: October half term in Menorca

Yep nothing will close down completly until the end of the half term. Everything will be open if only a little quieter. You should have a good chilled out week. Can't predict the weather but it should at least be better than the UK. At least have an "in case of rain" plan tho.

BC Mez gives a good website that is used by some expats but is no substitute to TA (it's more of a "menorca gossip" forum). There's over 25,000 members but never forget there's more than 20 million on TA. Our own Raff on this forum is expat and could do the same.

Indeed I'm a member of that site too (same user name) & I think MenorcaRegular used to give some input under a different username, but I've got tired of the general chit-chat that goes on between members that have nothing to really contribute to a posters question other than general chatter and what they're having for dinner that night.

Infamous replies from their Moderators include (and I paraphrase) "Welcome to the site, sorry I can't answer that, someone might (no-one did), but I'm having lamb chops for dinner". It's simply a message board that has one common theme - most (not all) of the members have either hoilday'd or now live on the island. Some however have never set foot on the place and use that board to have on line chat with their friends.

I note you reco that site alot BCMez - you don't work for them do you? That would be a bit norty! I was gonna rant about the amount of ads on there but with the new page format on TA it would've been a bit of Pot vs Kettle on the blackness stakes I think.

Have to admit you've got me thinking - I may post a new topic on this - thoughts welcome from all

JtheD

england
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: October half term in Menorca

have to agree with jon the dog,i watch and have posted questions on this forum and have always got great advice,i also watch the other site and find it more gossipy,both are great although i find you are more likley to get better info from the destination experts on tripadvisor(IMO).

i will be asking advise from TA in the coming months for next years holiday,having not been away this year we would love to go back to mrnorca next year.considering 2008 was our first holiday abroad as a family and we had a package holiday to Son Bou which we all loved i am considering non package next year(how brave am i),but i found the advice given here makes it seem easy.anyway it will definatly be menorca,love the place,and would recommend to anyone. have started checking out accomodation and flights and will be watching this site for tips.thanks.

Bronte Country
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: October half term in Menorca

No I'am nothing to do with the website for menorca just a member like I'am on here.

I do agree there is a lot of chit -chat on there but sometimes you do get sound advise.

Anyway as I'am learning fast it is better to help yourself rather than others,as you only get into trouble one way or another,for telling it like it is.

Mary

6. Re: October half term in Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 06:19