We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry to alcudia

England, Gosport
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ferry to alcudia

hi again

i have read you can get a ferry over to majorca- alcudia.ive looked on websites and the times are coming up at 10.00pm. are there any that go in the morning and come back earlying evening?

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry to alcudia

im sure its only a once a day service. Outside the port, you may find low cost b&b or a hostal, but i would book it in advance. the ferry back would be the 1 you get outbound at 10pm, but not sure on crossing time.

The barcelona ferry used to be a couple of times a day, not sure now, but it would not give you very long anyway.

If you wanted to go to see other parts of spain while in menorca, i could look at spam air or iberia flights. the longer in advance you book, the cheaper they are.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry to alcudia

Short answer is no. It's a trangular route: Alcudia, Cuitadella, Barcelona - and then back in the opposite direction (hence the late departure). If you can afford it, and want to do it that much, then fly between the islands - it's the only way to make it worthwhile timewise. 8 flights a day return but at a whopping 84 EUR per pax each way (discount for residents).

http://www.iberia.com/

JtheD

England, Gosport
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry to alcudia

thanks guys, we wont be doing that then. the guide books make it sound so easy!

4. Re: ferry to alcudia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 05:19