We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trotting races

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Scotland
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trotting races

Hi all,

we're heading off to Menorca on Friday & feeling a bit down at the weather forecast. Finger's X'd it's greatly improved by the time we get there.

Anyway, can anyone give me info on the trotting races at Cuitadella?

We're staying in Cala Santandria so was hoping to be able to get there by bus/taxi but not sure exactly where it's held, what day and what time. Also, is there sheltered areas incase of rain.

We haven't booked a hire car but given the weather, I think we'll be changing our plans!

thanks

Marion

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trotting races

Hi

I have never been to these but from a few google searches that I have done it seems as though they are on Sundays in the racing course in the north of Cuitadella ( not that far from Cala N ‘Forcat) – see holidays2menorca.com/location.php/ciutadella… & holidays2menorca.com/location.php/…map

I also looked for trotting race info on http://www.menorca-minorca.co.uk/index.htm ( which has useful inf about the island) but couldn’t find anything.

One word of advice- if the weather is bad and everyone is aware of this car hire may start to be a problem. I suggest you look online beforehand to see if you can book something ( chose one with a no deposit, no cancellation charge & nothing to pay until you collect arrangement). If you already have transfers try and get a 5 day or less deal – otherwise a lot of operators are charging you for a full tank of petrol even if you do not use it all!). If you get a car and fancy good tapas stop off at lunchtime in Ferrarias and got to “Vimpy” – easy to find, you can see it from the main ME1 road and is where the bus stop is.

I hope that you have a good time & that the weather isn’t too bad.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trotting races

It is in Cala Forcat. If driving, you will come off a main road at a roundabout where you turn right. You will see a couple of bars on the right hand side. If you follow the road straight on, past the private houses after 3 or 4 mins, you will see signs for it from the road. Its just before you get the the Cala Forcat bars, shops etc. on the right. The signs say "Touro de Ram" or something like that.

By bus, you have to change at Ciutadella. Total cost will be about 2.50 euro per person, each way. The Cala Blanes/Forcat bus is a circuler. On getting to the resort, it turns left at the first bars, passing Cala Blanes beach, then right and goes upto Cala Forcat. It will go straight on at a round about, then 2 mins round a 1 way system and come back to it, where it turns left. You need to get off outside Blue Breeze (on other side of road, you will see Top Market). Its a 5 min walk from there.

Taxi your looking about 15-20 euro each way.

West Scotland
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trotting races

thanks for the replies, I tried searching but couldn't find anything useful.

Good tip about the hire car. We're still undecided what to do so are going for the sticking our head in the sand and hoping the weather reports are wrong option!!

Marion

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trotting races

As suggested, if you book online (provided you have picked a firm who require no credit card numbers or booking fees and there are several) you can take the decision when you get there whether to take the car or not. All last minute deals in the resort will be subject to demand and although by now I would expect to see 3 days for 2 etc. offers if the weather is bad then demand will be up and the ofeers may not be there. If no cars are available or are too expensive you can always the buses to go places and take taxis back if the timetables don't suit your needs

5. Re: Trotting races

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 06:21