We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naturist beaches

E.Yorkshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
naturist beaches

Can anybody tell me if there are many naturist beaches in Menorca? Do many people go au naturel on some of the isolated beach coves?

Thanks,

Lins

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: naturist beaches

Hi Lins. Welcome to the Menorca forum. "In the buff" bathing is definitely OK on a lot of menorcan beaches. Basically you are likely to find nude sunbathing on either the small less developed beaches or at one end of the larger beaches such as Son Bou. There is definitely some nude bathing in the Binigaus part of Santo Tomas ( the part of the beach heading west from the Bar "Es Bruc" ) and until someone who does it comes up with a definitive guide here are a couple of links to previous threads on the subject tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k1917…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k2845… .

I also found this list via a google search …demon.co.uk/neff/balearics/menorca_02.html although I cannot comment on its accuracy

E.Yorkshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: naturist beaches

Thanks for the reply.

We are staying in the east near Sant Lluis so hopefully we will have some bays nearby. If not we will drive and find some. Thanks for the web sites- I will check them out.

Lins

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: naturist beaches

you'll have no probs, i'd say it would be more difficult to find a beach that's only 'textile' in menorca!

Durham
Level Contributor
12 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: naturist beaches

Hi Lins,

We are regular Menorca holiday makers who like the naturist beaches.Have stayed near to San Luis at S'Algar.Are you at a hotel.If so which one.The nearest small naturist cove is at the rear of the Las Palmeras apartments. It is quite a walk but they should tell you the direction from reception and it is very tiny.

Think you are best hiring a car and exploring the rest of the island.The other major naturist beaches have been mentioned but there are small coves around the island where naturism is acceptable.Most of the smaller coves are not accessible by car and there is no coastal road on the island.

Have a lovely holiday

Hope this helps.

E.Yorkshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: naturist beaches

Hi thanks for the advice. We have hired a farm house and a car so will checkout the places you have mentioned. Off to egypt tomorrow but no naturist beaches am sure! lol :-)

Lins

CHESHIRE,UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: naturist beaches

Mesquida has a 'private part' for showing your private parts. We used to go to Cala Tortuga. The only beach we could have virtually to ourselves so you can certainly strip off there. It's been a few years since we were there though and since we used to get it all out!

E.Yorkshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: naturist beaches

thanks Judy- we will check it out and get it all out!

Lins

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: naturist beaches

These days the young Menorcans are liberal and will be 'textile free' after work on more and more beaches. In that area Sa Mesquida is very nice, also Biniparratx is small virgin cove.

The big beach at Binigaus is just to die for-beautiful and natural!! RECOMMENDED

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: naturist beaches

Just come back from Menorca. I would say Son Bou is definitely the best beach for naturist sunbathing(just walk along the beach until you reach the first set of rocks). Other smaller beaches along the South coast all seemed to have a few naturist visitors. However, Cala Macarelleta is much touted as a naturist beach ... forget it. There must have been a bot 5 naturists for about 300 textiles. We didn't bother as it felt distinctly uncomfortable!

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: naturist beaches

NOTE The beaches along the south west( Including Macrarela ) from Cala en Bosch upto Cala Galdana are visited by lots of boat trip passengers - so you should go after 17:00

Re Son Bou ( you'll scare the UK textile folks white with angst with that statement :- ) )

Son Bou while nice is just not the best beach for nudists, its just one of them IMHO. Ever been to Mesquida?

Edited: 28 August 2010, 09:15