We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer : Taxi or Shuttle

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer : Taxi or Shuttle

Hi Folks,

Staying in a villa in Cala n Bosch on 7 May, debating whether

to get a taxi or pre-book. I have been looking at ww.travelrepublic.co.uk who have quoted £130 for taxi or £42 for shuttle bus. How does this price compare with a taxi outside and if i get the shuttle to Cala n Bosch (which does not drop at private addresses) what is the availability of local taxis like ?

Cheers.

Mark.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer : Taxi or Shuttle

There is ways round the system.

The 42 price is about right, but being budget fare its only to holiday company run places.

If you can post the name of your villa, and any detail like links to where booked so i can see street maps of it etc, I may be able to tell you the name of a close by complex you can book a cheap transfer to.

Failing that, get transfer to the hotel cala bosh, but for a taxi cala bosh to cala bosh, expect to play same price as from ciutadella, as the taxi might have to run empty to get you. Price will be no more then 20 euro if you do it that way.

Mark

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer : Taxi or Shuttle

Taxi from airport to Cal'n Bosch arond 60 EUR each way. If there's 2 or more of you this is by far the most hassle free option as taxis are plentiful outside arrivals and you won't be going via anywhere else en route - you could save around 5 EUR by webseareching but IMO it's not worth it at the start of a holiday.

If you're hiring a car during your stay then consider an airport drop off or pick up instead of a transfer. Most hire car co's will meet you at the airport even if based off airport site.

JtheD

3. Re: Airport Transfer : Taxi or Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 07:18