We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

Hi thinking of booking Agamenon hotel at Es Castell as a smoker I do have respect for other people but wanted to know that is it ok to smoke round the pool on your belcony or do some hotels ban this altogether.Thanks

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

I suppose most hotels have different policies on smoking, and they are getting tighter by the day, i would say your balcony would be fine, although, as you say you respect others, why would you want to smoke round the pool, seeing as it is usually packed with children, i could find loads of places to smoke, rather than in the vacinity of kids !!!

nottingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

Thank you for your reply but I usually go to hotel for adults and also I have granchildren and do not smoke in the same room I go out side.

UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

Hi Dasiy, I have stayed at this hotel many times and there are no ashtrays on the balcony. I can only assume this means no smoking, especially as neighbouring balconies are semi-exposed and rooms are non-smoking. Around the pool however, I have seen ashtrays and people smoking. Not many children around! Hope this helps.

nottingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

Yes it has helped .Thank You.

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Minorca
Level Contributor
614 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

As far as I am aware this hotel is child free, smoking is permitted outside on the terrace area.

Raff

England, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: smoking

I have just rerurned from the Agamenon. There are ashtrays provided on the balconies and people were smoking by the pool area and the outside dining area. There were some young children at the hotel during our stay but this did not cause any problems. What the hotel does not provide is an all singing all dancing kids clubs so therefore does not attract many families. I believe it is the UK tour operators that do not take bookings for children under 12.

Hope this is of some help

7. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 07:23