We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pony and trap racing

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Pony and trap racing

Hi we are coming to Calan bosch on the 31st May and would like to go to the racing i believe its in Los Defines does anyone know anything about this any information would be appreciated.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pony and trap racing

In the 20 odd years I have been to Cala Forcat, I have never been to the racing. Its not my thing. However, I can help in terms of directions etc.

From Cala Bosh, take the Ciutedella road. When you come into the town, you will see the Ronda, what is a ring road to the right. Cala Blanes will be signed.

You will leave the edge of town, and go down what looks like countryside, for a few min. When you come to Cala Blanes, turn right. Follow that road, and you will see it sign posted. Torro De Ram or something like that.

My bus, check the Cala Bosh bus stops, as there will be 1 direct bus, but it might be to early. If it is, you need to get Bus to Ciutedella, and change to the Cala Forcat/Blanes bus. In total it will cost about 3 euro. The bus will go into Cala Blanes, and pass the Hotel on the left, then turn right. It will then go straignt on at a round about, round a 1 way road, and then turn left and the round about. You will see some bars etc on both sides of the road, that is the best place to get off.

In May, the bus does not run that late, so would be a taxi back, cost about 25 euro.

If you have got to get taxi back, or even if driving, if you want advise on where to get after it, let me know as there is a places open till 4am ish. (ages of your group will help as well).

If your going to eat before going, I can also advise on places in Cala Forcat area, or perhaps if using bus, you get something in the port of Ciutedella, only 5 min walk from bus station.

south wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pony and trap racing

Many Thanks for the directions any info on the days they are would be appreciated and any info on good restaurants in calan bosch

Thanks

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pony and trap racing

Ill get back to you on what nights in a few days.

The restranuts I have used in the past are

Cafa Balear (by the marina)

Las Tapas (by the marina)

El Pescador (on road from the marina, heading up towards the beach/Hotel Cala Bosh.

4. Re: Pony and trap racing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 07:16