We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siesta mar - cal'n porter

leicestershire
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
siesta mar - cal'n porter

I am taking my 3 grandsons ages - 8- 11 - and 15 to Siesta Mar in Cala'n Porter Menorca, from 11th to 18th July. I'm a bit concerned that the eldest one will be bored, unless he finds friends there. Is there any family going at that time with similar age group children? Also I see they have a football pitch, does anyone organize footy games or is it a case of sort it out yourself? All and any other information would be great - thanks - Vick

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: siesta mar - cal'n porter

Hi,

We've holidayed in CnP for years, my girls are now 18 & 15 and they don't want to go anywhere else.

The Siesta Mar has water slides and a football pitch & when Thomson holidays featured it there was organised entertainment, ( a bit "Hi de Hi" for my taste). The whole resort is very family friendly so I'm sure your grandson will find other bored teenagers to hang out with.

Don't worry, at 15 it's not "cool" to look as though you're having a good time.

My two are happy with the pool, the beach, day trips & a good night out. The resort is safe so I don't have a problem with them going off & doing their own thing.

Have a look at my other postings for more info.

Carol

leicestershire
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: siesta mar - cal'n porter

Thanks so much for the reply - that's good news. Can you recommend any good restaurants? Vick

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: siesta mar - cal'n porter

Hi Vick,

Lots of good restaurants

La Salamandra menu del dia 16.50 euros terrific choice (try the pork with Roquefort sauce)

Sa paissa Menu del dia about 16 euros

Lorengos, Italian influence.

Pito's, huge portions, great prices looks like a "greasy spoon" but is one of my favourites. They have the best coffee in the world!

Bar del Sur smaller menu, tapas, quick service

Seagrams Tex Mex, huge portions, air conditioned

Big Al's Tex Mex buffet, very popular

I think Siesta Mar have a pizzeria.

They all have children's menus. We didn't try The Castle last year, there are also 2 Chinese and an Indian that are very popular.

If you would like any more info please send me a private message.

Carol

leicestershire
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: siesta mar - cal'n porter

Thank you so much that's really helpful - Vick

5. Re: siesta mar - cal'n porter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 05:17